Document concerning Polish airmen in ww2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Document concerning Polish airmen in ww2

Looking through my father's papers, I have found a duplicated leaflet in Polish which appears to be a briefing to prospective airmen on what to expect on arrival at the training depot at Eastchurch in Kent. If anyone is interested in having a copy of this, please PM me and I will email one. I don't quite know what it is doing in Dad's papers, but suppose it must be something to do with the Anglo-Polish Association we had in Chandlers Ford, Hampshire, around the end of the war.

While on the subject, here is a tip I have discovered on using poltran.com to translate stuff in Polish. The Polish alphabet includes a number of letters with additional markings. If you open Character Map on your PC, and choose Arial typeface, you can scroll down to find the modified characters you need, select them, then copy and paste to Poltran. Alternatively, you can type basic alphabet characters into the box which Character Map puts its selected letters, selecting the special characters as they occur, then copy and paste the complete word. It also helps to use the Caps Lock button to set your input as capitals rather than use the shift key, as Poltran asks for capital letters only.

Have found a mass of stuff in Polish by Googling
    Eastchurch Lotnikow
    with a complete websearch, i.e. not UK only
    I think Lotnikow may be the Polish name for the airfield. There is a Park Lotnikow at Krakow, so perhaps it is a Polish surname or placename?

Just in case that helps anyone.

Comment

Working...
    X