Help, I have lost my toolbar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, I have lost my toolbar!

Since I had my problems with the internet, I haven't had the toolbar at the top of the screen. This has not been a problem, as I have found other ways to access most info, but my parental control has locked me out of a couple of sites & I can't see the parental control button to allow the sites.:( Please can someone help me find it?
    Lynn

Have you tried pressing F11 to see if that brings it back?
    Barbara

Comment

Yes, I tried that & it didn't work
      Lynn

Comment

Depending on which browser you're using, there should be a menu item called View - Toolbars which lets you choose which toolbars to display. Yours may have got unticked.

If that doesn't work, go up to the top of the screen with your mouse. If the usual pointer turns into a double-headed black arrow, click and drag, and your toolbar should come back.

Comment

You could always do a system restore go back in date till when it was there again. Mine's under All programs and then Accessories, System tools.

Comment

Well I've had a little fiddle & now I have a toolbar with file edit view, favourites tools & help, but no icon for parental control :( anyone got any more ideas please.

Thanks Mary.
            Lynn

Comment

Unfortunately, I did a system restore to get rid of my problems & don't really fancy going through all that again.
              I am on IE7 if that makes any difference
              Lynn

Comment

If you right click on the grey bit of toolbar do you get customise option and can you select perental control icon? I haven't got one , don't think I ever had one! But you might if it was on there before....

Comment

I tried that & still couldn't bring up the option, I also used to have a History icon
                  Lynn

Comment

I have managed to disable the parental control, but would still like to know where my toolbar has gone
                    Lynn

Comment

Above the Customize bit are there seveal toolbars listed withticks otherwise its under "Tools" and options or "View "and toolbars, that is if you can get to that bit, if not I think you can go through Start menu - "Control panel" then "internet options.... "

Sorry not much help.

Comment

Lynn,

Did you resolve this problem?
                        Julie
                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Not really Julie. I still don't have the same tolbar as I had before my internet problems :( But I have turned off the parental control, so I can still access sites.
                          Lynn

Comment

did it look like mine?

or was it just the ie7 basic one?

Mine is the Google toolbar btw
                            Julie
                            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Yes it was, apart from the History & parental control icons
                              Lynn

Comment

If it's the Google toolbar you have lost, then go to "View - Toolbars" and if the Google one is unticked, tick it. If it is already ticked, then untick it, then go through the whole thing again to tick it.
                                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Google isn't highlighted on my toolbar list at the moment. But I have just installed it again, so will see how it looks when I next log on.
                                  Lynn

Comment

Just out of interest why use the Google toolbar, or any other toolbar, with the IE7 toolbars

Comment

MTA, I'm not sure why I had the google toolbar in the first place, all I know is that when I had it before my internet problems, there were icons that I used which are no longer available & I am trying to get them back.

Anyway, despite having installed the Google toolbar & it appearing on the toolbar list, it is not highlighted & I can't click on it.:(
                                      Lynn

Comment

On the Toolbar have you tried clicking on Tools, then Toolbars which will show other options, then click on Customise and in there you can add or remove.

Comment

Working...
                                        X