Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• records office - help

Hi can anyone advise me ....

I think i've gone as far as I can searching online - so i think i need to visit the records office in lincoln - Im trying to find the birth certificate for my
    ggg grandad Abraham Congreve who i think was born around 1806 and Im guessing it was in the Whaplode area of lincoln.

Any tips of how i go about it - as im going to have to travel upto lincoln and need to know how to start

you won't be able to get a birth certificate for 1806, so you will just be looking for a baptism. The archives in Lincoln hold most of the parish records on microfiche. You will need to try & work out which of the Lincoln parishes, you need to look in and just have a hunt through. The people at the archives are very helpful and will be able to point you in the right direction. You will need to book a microfiche reader in advance though and take a form of identity if it is your first visit.

Archives Home - Lincolnshire County Council

This is the archive website, tells you what records they hold. Good luck.
    Lynn

Comment

You also have to have a 2 passport size photos. They put this onto your pass.
      Rita

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/.../User:Nappycat

Comment

Have you looked at the IGI? There's an Abraham Congreve born in Spalding in 1806.

FamilySearch.org - Search

Comment

Originally posted by nappycat View Post
          You also have to have a 2 passport size photos. They put this onto your pass.
          You don't need to do this anymore Rita, I haven't got a photo on mine, which is about 1 yr old
          Lynn

Comment

Where do you get 1806 date from?

1841 has an Abraham in Spalding b. 1806 but 1841 census used to round ages down. This would match the baptism found on familysearch though.

1851 has Abraham in Whaplode, born c. 1787 living in Peterborough.
            ~ with love from Little Nell~
            Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

There's also this one in 1851, mistranscribed as Congrove, born Spalding abt 1804, living with wife Ann and 4 children:

Class: HO107; Piece: 2096; Folio: 351; Page: 22

Comment

What sharp eyes you've got Mary. All the better to confuse us with!!!

I thought Abraham Congreve would be a rare name, but there's clearly several candidates.
                ~ with love from Little Nell~
                Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
                X