Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info for a friend please

hi

hope everyone is well, my research been on back burner for various reasons but am hoping you can help me ref a friend.

She is wanting details of her husbands late mother .... her name was Elizabeth Mitchel, she knows she was born in Bradford West Yorkshire in 1938 and died in Bradford approx 20 years ago.

Hope you can help

thanks
    Patricia x
    Think lots of us will have a degree in hindsight ... sadly i got a "Masters"

There is an Elizabeth Mitchell reg Mar Qtr 1938, Bradford 9b/232 MMN Wilkinson

Comment

Is Mitchel the married or maiden name?

A death around 20 years ago - ca 1988 - should be on the later BMD registers, so we could match a death with quite a specific DoB.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Can't find any other births and none for Mitchel.

Christine has beaten me to it, but I was about to ask for her married name.

Comment

Was she Elizabeth Bell? If so...

Birth date: 29 Dec 1937
          Death: May 1988 at Bradford.
          Ref: 4/154

Comment

Hi

Sorry i not check board earlier but i fell asleep .... :o

Lyn have just rung my friend and she told me when she died she was called Elizabeth Bell .... she married a Kenneth Arthur Bell ... they not sure what year they married but eldest child is in their early forties and it is marriage registration number they are looking for .... they are wanting a copy.

Thanks very much for looking for me.

take care
            Patricia x

Comment

Originally posted by Patricia_Yorkshire View Post
              Hi

Sorry i not check board earlier but i fell asleep .... :o

Lyn have just rung my friend and she told me when she died she was called Elizabeth Bell .... she married a Kenneth Arthur Bell ... they not sure what year they married but eldest child is in their early forties and it is marriage registration number they are looking for .... they are wanting a copy.

Thanks very much for looking for me.

take care
              Patricia x

Oh...that could be a long trawl!

Comment

Hi Lyn

Had a feeling it would be, any advice and where one looks i am a novice at this and i get completely lost think that is why i put my tree on hold ... any advise most welcome. My friend just rang and given me some other info. lets start at the very beginning lol

Maiden name .... Elizabeth Mitchel
                First marriage to a man with a surname of Tetley so she became Elizabeth Tetley ... she became a widow.
                She then married Kenneth Arthur Bell .... my friend got this extra info from her husbands birth certificate.

Not sure about you being muddled lol i have now completely lost the plot lol.

Patricia x

thanks
                patricia xx
                Last edited by Patricia_Yorkshire; 24-02-08, 00:52.

Comment

Hi Patricia, the only place that I can look is Ancestry...and I have just checked 1964 to 1967 inclusive, with no joy.

Have to go out for a while, but will try some more years when I get back.

Elizabeth wasn't married previously, was she?

Comment

Hi Lyn

on reading your message thought where is lyn going at this time of night ... then saw where you live ... tis me that is up late just do not feel tired.

Yes as i said in earlier message she had been married before to someone who's surname was Tetley he died leaving her a widow... surname at time of marriage to kenneth Arthur Bell was Tetley ... and it is this marriage i am needing certificat number for so ... ie marriage details between ... Elizabeth Tetley and Kenneth Arthur Bell.

you are doing an absolutely brilliant job for me ... would love to be able to give my friend the marriage registration number when i see her this afternoon.

Who knows after this might just get cracking on tree stopped cos i came to what looked like an unsurmountable brick wall ... due to my not knowing what i was doing ... other words thick.

Thanks again
                    Patricia x

Comment

Hi Patricia - hope you don't mind me butting in.

I've trawled the BMDs for Kenneth Bell from 1954 to 1968 inclusive and can't find any marriages to either Mitchel, Mitchell or Tetley.

Perhaps we need to try to find a marriage to Mr Tetley first.

Jackie
                      Jackie

Comment

Okay, Patricia....missed your bit about the first marriage...will have to start again.
                        I'll see what I can do while you sleep!

Comment

Jackie...I am doing 1957 for Eliz Mitchell to Tetley.

Comment

Patricia

I think I've found the first marriage but I'm beginning to wonder if the husband died and that's why we can't find a second marriage. Because of that I'll PM you the details. Hope I'm not jumping to conclusions about your friends family.

Jackie
                            Jackie

Comment

So I can stop Looking for that! LOL!!

Comment

Hyah lyn and Nightowl

Not going to bed lol just do not feel tired and am really getting excited ... thank you so much both of you.

Tomorrow will let my friend read all these messages ... she is going to be well impressed lol ...

just off to make a cuppa

thanks
                                patricia xx

Comment

hi lyn

Angie told me that Elizabeth was married to Harry Tetley for approx ten years and she met and married kenneth bell within a short space of time of Harry dying so on that info think she married kenneth sometime in 1966/67/68.

thanks
                                  Patricia x

Comment

I'm away to watch some motor racing. I will check in later.

Comment

Nite lyn enjoy the racing ... my eyes are beginning to droop so will be going to bed shortly ... take care and thanks again

patricia xx

Comment

Morning Everyone

Hope all is well ... tis a miserable day here in my part of west yorkshire just bumping this up and confirming that yes Harry Tetley died after approx ten years of marriage and she then married Kenneth Bell within a short space of time (1966/67/68) and tis that marriage am looking for registration details of.

thanks
                                        patricia xx

Comment

Working...
                                        X