Help finding William Lincoln PARRY, possibly in USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding William Lincoln PARRY, possibly in USA

Hi everyone. I haven't been around for a while, but am now trying to help a friend trace her family and have become stuck with William Lincoln Parry, born about 1872/3 in USA.

I have him in 1901 in Altrincham Cheshire, aged, 28, with his mother Ellen Parry, a widow aged 53, born Elland Yorkshire.

In 1891 Ellen is in Altrincham, a servant aged 43 (widow). William is a printer's apprentice in Ardwick Lancs, aged 18, born America.

I can see Ellen (widow) in 1881, in Stretford Lancs - but no sign of William. He would have been around 8 years of age at this time, so it seems odd that he's not with his mother.

I've also found a possible christening on the IGI - 31 Oct 1872 Pittsburgh Allegeny PA, William L. Parry, parents William H. and Ellen Parry. Is anyone able to look if this family is listed on any of the US Census?

If I'm asking the impossible, please accept my apologies, but I don't have much experience of US research and know that lots of you are super-sleuths!

Cheers
    Janet C

Hi,

I have just had a look on the 1881 cens from the LDS but cannot see him.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

My guess is that Ellen returned to her native country after being widowed. Perhaps her son is staying with some of her relatives. If you knew her maiden name it would help.
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thanks all, I'm still working on it! Have found a possible marriage on LancsBMD, but it's a real long shot - 1869 William H Parry to Ellen M Williams, at Everton St George. Maybe they then emigrated to the States, and William died pretty soon after that, and Ellen returned to the UK with her young son. All speculation of course! I think this could be one where we'll have to send for a few certificates to get some 'facts'!

Thanks for trying, anyway.

Janet

Comment

Janet,

while I was looking last night, I found a family in wales, All born PENN USA and alot of them there are too.. all with middle inital L.

I even looked for Ellen, and also oddly came up with an Ellen married to a William H in wales for the 1871 cens. Do you not have a time frame for William dying?

Ellen could also be Eleanor as well don't forget.
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
            Janet,

while I was looking last night, I found a family in wales, All born PENN USA and alot of them there are too.. all with middle inital L.

I even looked for Ellen, and also oddly came up with an Ellen married to a William H in wales for the 1871 cens. Do you not have a time frame for William dying?

Ellen could also be Eleanor as well don't forget.
            Thanks Julie - I will follow that up tonight when I get chance to legitimately sit down and mess on the computer. ;)
            I'd totally forgotten to look at Wales, which is really stupid, as both Parry and Williams are Welsh names!

Janet

Comment

Working...
            X