Help finding a marriage please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding a marriage please

A contact of mine has numerous letters and documents he has inherited (lucky devil). Anyway he is scanning them and sending them to me and we are trying to piece together information from them.

We have Mary Stanbridge b 10 Aug 1856 in Enstone (Radford), Oxfordshire.

1861 she is with her parents. RG9; Piece: 912; Folio: 83; Page: 12
    1871 she is again with her parents RG10; Piece: 1458; Folio: 99; Page:16

1881 she is boarding at 21 Hyde Road, Ladywood, Birmingham, Warwickshire with George Harrison and family RG11; Piece: 2972; Folio: 47; Page: 41

I cannot find a marriage that fits.

We know she did marry as a letter in 1918 refers to Mary's husband being unwell (no name)

Also another letter has her year of death noted as 1934. Impossible to look up without her married name.

Anyone any ideas please whilst I still have some hair left.

Sorry Margaret.

I've looked but can't come up with anything useful.

Searching with "Mary, born Enstone, Oxford 1856" brought up a widow Mary Ann Nash in the General Hospital, Birmingham in 1891 but there wasn't a corresponding Stanbridge/Nash marriage.

I tried Stanbridge, Stambridge, and Stainbridge.
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Curiously, there IS a Nash/Stanbridge marriage - in 1900! But in Godstone, which is a little out of area!
      Phoenix - with charred feathers
      Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Hi Gillian

I have never seen her listed as anything other then just Mary. I have her baptism record.

I have looked under other names as well. STANDBRIDGE is another error.

Oh well, I will keep looking. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
          Curiously, there IS a Nash/Stanbridge marriage - in 1900! But in Godstone, which is a little out of area!
          she would have been getting on a bit then

Comment

If you have references to husband but no children, she may have married late, but I agree it's unlikely.

There are precious few Marys born Oxfordshire who are in Birmingham in 1891. Do you have any idea where she settled. Does it have to be in England? Could she have been widowed young and remarried?
            Phoenix - with charred feathers
            Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
              If you have references to husband but no children, she may have married late, but I agree it's unlikely.

There are precious few Marys born Oxfordshire who are in Birmingham in 1891. Do you have any idea where she settled. Does it have to be in England? Could she have been widowed young and remarried?

Pheonix

Just because she was in Birmingham in 1881 doesn't mean she stayed there. She had a sister in Wolverhampton and another in Manchester as well as brothers in Burton on Trent and another brother in London so anywhere really.

I think that I have to hope that further letters will reveal more info

Comment

Working...
              X