whose son is he?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whose son is he?

Joseph SMITH aged 3 in 1901 census is grandson living with George William SMITH b 1840 Northfleet Kent. There is also a grand daughter living with them but I have worked out that she belongs to Albert James SMITH who isnt living there. I thought I had captured all the children of George William SMITH but am beginning to wonder if there are any other strays that could be the parent of Joseph.

other children belonging to George William SMITH are
    Emily Jane m John Byles 1 Jan 1887
    George William m Mary Ann Johnson 19 may 1888
    Albert James m ELizabeth Jane Gibson parents of ALice E (other grandchild)
    Alice Louisa m Albert Edward Warwick 20 Feb 1904
    Elizabeth m Robert Dixon 16 March 1901
    Rose Mary died aged 3
    Sydney Frederick b 1883
    Henry John b 1885
    Ernest b 1887

Comment

Just a thought...........when was the 1901 census taken?

Joseph wouldn't be Elizabeth's son would he? She is newly married, or just about married at census time. Would a three year old be cramping her style?

Was Emily George's second wife?? There just seems to be a gap in the children's ages, in the 1891.

Comment

Not sure you are going to be able to answer the question, unless you get the child's birth certificate.
        Elaine

Comment

I only know of 1 wife and she is 7 years younger than GEorge. Dont think he is Elizabeths as I am in contact with her grandson. She spent her final years in a mental institution so we dont know a lot about her as yet.

Comment

too many Joseph SMith's around the same time to confirm which one would be the correct one to order. I have searched the baptisms but couldnt find it.

Comment

I've gone back to 1871 and can't find any other children. 1881 has Albert 9, Alice 5, Emily 15, George 12, Elizabeth 3, and Rose Mary 11 months.

Comment

george married Emily in 1865. Not sure where George is in 1861 but he is in dartford union workhouse in 1851.

Comment

Working...
                X