Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice re twins birth- updated with certificate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice re twins birth- updated with certificate!

I think I have found my first set of twins! Although exciting it is also sad as their birth was registered in the same quarter as their death.

There is a time under the date, does that indicate twins? Also the girl wasn't named, neither was the boy, so would they have been born alive & lived for a few minutes to have had their birth registered? I will have to send for the death cert for one of them to be sure I suppose, but they had no first name at death registration either.

I don't know if I can scan the relevant bit in as I am not very good at it, lol !

Thanks!
    Last edited by Joan of Archives; 22-02-08, 10:37.

Joanie

a breath - single one even= born , so registered.

Still born are not registered as such in BDM , and appear in still births register

Tis sad
    Jess

Comment

Aw Jess it is isn't it?

Poor woman already had a little girl who was listed as "feeble minded" on the census, then she gives birth to twins that die soon after.

I may send off for her death certificate, just to see the cause of death, I am guessing they may have been born prematurely or with some genetic fault, how sad.

Joanie

Comment

I have a few birth certs with the time on but as yet I havent found that any of them were twins..

Is Ancestry working ok for you, I cant get it to load?

Update...have just seen Heathers thread and it seems a few are having the same problem with Ancestry..
        Last edited by Northern Light; 21-02-08, 19:14.

]

Comment

Ancestry is working ok for me tonight.

The other evening I couldn't open it with Firefox so I used IE instead & it opened !

Have you tried using another browser?

Joanie

Comment

Joan I have been trying all night with different browsers and no luck, off to bed now will try in the morning..

Night all..

]

Comment

Originally posted by Jessbowbag View Post
              a breath - single one even= born , so registered.

Still born are not registered as such in BDM , and appear in still births register

Tis sad
              What is the still births register. I have still born twins born about 1890. Might I find them in the Parish records for burials?
              Jennie
              Research: A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots .

Comment

Hi Jennie

I suppose they may be in the burials in the PR's, or have you checked the local council cemeteries? I am not sure babies were given their own burial, someone did mention once they were sometimes buried with an adult.

The is a special still birth register, I don't know how you can access it, but I am sure someone on here does. I do remember reading though that you can only access it if you are a close relative to the deceased.

Joanie

Comment

I have a very sad receipt for 2 shillings which was the fee for burying a baby in someone elses coffin-that was in the 1920's though. The stillborn twins are family reported but I have not been able to find proof. I don't doubt the stillbirth bit but sometimes wonder if the "twins" bit has become family myth?
                  I would love to find out and my elderly mother often asks me if I have traced them.
                  Jennie

Comment

Jennie have you tried the PR's yet ?

I would definitely check the local council cemetery first, maybe if they were not baptised they could have been buried there?

Joanie

Comment

I have looked on the NBI on Findmypast and there is nothing on there. Probably means a visit to the record office.....
                      Jennie

Comment

Either that or you could request a copy of the PR's on microfilm at your local LDS centre.

I would try the council first.

Good luck!

Joanie

Comment

Nudging hoping someone can tell me if it is a time on cert !

Joanie

Comment

Sorry, Joan, I didn't realise you were asking if it was a time. Yes, it says 7 hr 10 m PM.
                            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks Kate !!

:D

Joanie

Comment

I have two sets of twins in my family who died in their first year of life. Apart from the fact that twins are likely to be of lower birthweight than singletons, there was an enormous range of illnesses which carried off children in infancy - diarrhoea, tb of the stomach, diphtheria, typhoid fever, measles, whooping cough, etc etc.

So sad your little mites didn't even get named!
                                ~ with love from Little Nell~
                                Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Originally posted by Jennie H View Post
                                  What is the still births register. I have still born twins born about 1890. Might I find them in the Parish records for burials?
                                  Jennie,

have a look here

Oh and sometimes, you can see the burials of the stillborns and who they are buried with. I have seen such burials on the microfische at the Archives.
                                  Julie
                                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Julie, I did look on the Wiki. I searched "Stillborn" and it said there were no pages with that title. What I didn't do was to scroll down a bit further. If so, I would have seen the link to the page. :o
                                    I check the Wiki quite often. It is extremely good.
                                    I have soo little time to do any research these days it is all done at high speed.
                                    Jennie

Comment

no problem, It can be difficult to know exactly what a page is called until you do a search for it.. but we do have an index now as well, which can help.

I know what you mean as well, sometimes you just skim the surface of things, as life gets in the way!
                                      Julie
                                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                                      X