Dr Barnados Home Children to Canada whoopee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Barnados Home Children to Canada whoopee

What a result have received a reply already , they have confirmed when and where they went.
    Given me the names of a grandmother ,a sibling who happens to be my grandfather ,a sister living in Brighton a maternal Uncle, and a half brother which we did not know about as it seems the mother I was looking for had remarried not died.
    Also the marriage of the parents and the death of the father which I already knew.
    But the best bit is they gave the addresses where they were living in Canada in 1907 .
    All for free.
    And when I rang to thank them I mentioned any photos and if I send £10, £5 each they will send me copies of the photos
    So good luck if you send for yours

Great news Val..

I bet you cant wait for the pics to arrive now lol..does this mean lots of new certs?

]

Comment

hyer Light , I am so thrilled as people were quoted £100 for the records , and what a lovely lady she is .
      I am off to find out who their mother married and how many children she had by him , and of course hoping some kind person will find what happened to them in Canada, I know one married a Doctor and the other a Teacher of Languages so should not be too difficult.
      I shall not sleep waiting for the pics as there is such a strong family resemblance in the family so far.
      Nice to see you again dont see much of you these days.

Comment

Great result Val.
        Elaine

Comment

isnt it Elaine?? I know somebody who was quoted £100 for the records ???
          I was so surprised as I was told it could take a long time !!! I only wrote on the 13th

Comment

Val .... that's fantastic ! ...
            AND photos to come ? ? ? ... WOW ... :D :D

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

yes Rachel I cannot believe it the family rumour was right LOL

Comment

Working...
              X