Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed

How would one be able to find out "if" any children were born to a couple in Salford/Lancashire in or after 1905.

I only have a marriage for Ada Townley Wood & William Beattie that was 1905 in Lower Broughton .

No other information

Any advice/help accepted

TIA

Baldy - the only way I can think of would be for after mother's maiden name was listed.

For example I put births 1911 to 1920 Lancashire, surname Beattie, mmn Wood into free BMD and got one result
    William Beattie, June Q 1912 Chorlton.
    No guarantee it is the right couple without buying the cert though.
    Last edited by Just Gillian; 21-02-08, 08:50.
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

If William Beattie fought in WW1 and his pension record are on Ancestry, then these may give details of children. It's a long shot, as not many men fall in this category, but where records do survive, you get actual dates of birth.
      Phoenix - with charred feathers
      Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Gillian View Post
        Baldy - the only way I can think of would be for after mother's maiden name was listed.

For example I put births 1911 to 1920 Lancashire, surname Beattie, mmn Wood into free BMD and got one result
        William Beattie, June Q 1912 Chorlton.
        No guarantee it is the right couple without buying the cert though.
        Hi.
        Many thanks for the reply.
        The William Beattie that I am researching was born C:- 1878 in Lanark Scotland.
        He moved to Salford with the family in about 1884.
        He married Ada Townley Wood in 1905 in Salford.

Was hoping to perhaps trace at least 1 child from this marriage ?

Regards & Thanks
        Baldy (au)

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
          Hi.

Was hoping to perhaps trace at least 1 child from this marriage ?

Regards & Thanks
          Baldy (au)
          And Gillian just gave you a possible! That is the only one that I can find, as well. It is well worth buying that cert.
          There may have been earlier ones, but the earlier records do not show MMN.

Comment

Hi

the only other way, would mean waiting until the DoVE project is up and running OR wait for the 1911 census.. which will be available in stages, as they are rolling the different regions out...
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

There are several other ways to try:

Lancashire BMD does have mother's maiden name listed for some births before 1911, but I can't see any Beattie / Wood ones. Of course, this is assuming that Wood was Ada's maiden name and not her previous married name.

Family Search - do a "parent search" giving parents' names as William Beattie and Ada. Nothing there.

Look to see if William (or Ada) left a will and hopefully it will tell you the names of their children.

Get William and Ada's death certificates - the informant might be one of their children.

Look on sites such as Genes Reunited and Ancestry to see if anybody has these people in their trees, also google their names.
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi.
                Many thanks to all those who replied & have given suggestions.

Have been very fortunate to obtain this little bit of info.
                William & Ada had a son also named William born C:-1912 in Chorlton.Lancashire

I now have the opportunity to be able to get a birth certificate & continue the chase.

Regards & Thanks
                Baldy (au)

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
                  Hi.
                  Many thanks to all those who replied & have given suggestions.

Have been very fortunate to obtain this little bit of info.
                  William & Ada had a son also named William born C:-1912 in Chorlton.Lancashire

I now have the opportunity to be able to get a birth certificate & continue the chase.

Regards & Thanks
                  Baldy (au)

Good...So Gillian was right! ;)

Well done Gillian!

Comment

Working...
                  X