Monday's again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday's again

Good Morning all. I have just recieved the Marriage lines from the GRO of George Henry Thomas Monday age 23 to Margaret Stevenson age 21 in Liverpool in Sept: 1882 He was christened Henry Thomas Monday in Devon 1859 we know this is right as the father on both certificates is Henry Wall Monday -Mariner . But what happened to George /Henry after the 1882 Marriage is a mystery :o I think Margaret died in 1886 in the Wirral Can any one Please sort this out for me
    Regards
    Sheila
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

did they have any children before she died ( ie is it a direct line?)
    What is his mothers name please?

You have eliminated this chap -not yours- have you?
    a birth
    George Monday 1854 Apr-May-Jun Wirral (1837-1974)
    Last edited by Jessbowbag; 21-02-08, 06:42.
    Jess

Comment

Sheila, what is George / Henry's occupation on the marriage certificate, please?
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Kiterunner he was a pawnbroker --- Jess I can't find any children for them, and yes to the other question, his fathers name was not Henry Wall Monday
        Sheila
        PS all the men in the family were Mariners or Customs men

Comment

Sheila, I was wondering if George / Henry was a mariner too in which case he could have died at sea. I suppose that's ruled out now!
          KiteRunner

Comment

As he was a pawnbroker in WoodChurch on the Wirral I did not think he would go to sea, after his marrage to Margaret in 1882 I would have thought No way
            Sheila

Comment

mothers name ?- i'm trying to spot him earlier than his marriage for a better birth place
              Jess

Comment

Mothers name ---Elveria Monday nee Leaf George/Henry was born in East Stonehouse Devon Elvenia's fathers name was George Leaf born in Hull and we think that Henry Thomas tacked George on to the front of this name.
                Sheila

Comment

Do you think this could be his death?

Q/E Dec 1893 George Monday Age 37 Liverpool Vol 8b Page 80

I know the age is a bit out but I can't find any other George Mondays that would obviously tie in with that death ref. If it is him, perhaps he was in an institution of some sort in 1891.

Jackie
                  Jackie

Comment

Could be Jackie, the only other thing I can think of is he was lost at sea, or he emigrated
                    somewhere
                    Sheila

Comment

I have found the same death - but no trace of him in 1891
                      Sara

Researching Clarke, Malpass, Flavell, Bate in Gornal / Sedgley and Hingley, Herring, Wainwright, Parker Stourbridge / Kingswinford

Comment

Does anyone know how I would check if he did go to sea, and was lost . That's how his father died
                        Sheila

Comment

You could check on the overseas indexes and Marine Deaths on findmypast, Sheila, but not all deaths at sea are on there.
                          KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
                          X