Death reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death reference

Hi, I am trying to find out a bit more about my father's family who are a bit of a mystery. I've decided to order my great grandmother's death certificate but realised I don't have the reference for the GRO. Would someone be able to look it up for me, I would be very grateful.

Anna Goult died 1951 Newmarket

Also, would I be able to get hold of her will (if she had one??) I'm just curious to know if my father or uncle had anything to do with them. I have absolutely no family on this side so have no chance of ever contacting anyone for information. If anyone has any ideas what I can look for I would really appreciate it. It's so frustrating.

Thanks for your time

This should be the one

Q/E Dec 1951 Aged 77 Newmarket Vol 4b Page 862

Jackie
    Jackie

Comment

Thanks Jackie,

I'm off to order the certificate now

Comment

Regarding a will - if there was one you can get a copy. This is the Wiki page about wills

I went to the place in Holborn to search for some of mine and if you find them the service is very good. Prior to that I had tried to obtain a will for someone and sent off (to York I think) for a search which, about 2 months later came back negative. I found it myself later because I had requested a search for Catherine which is what she was known as in every document I'd seen and the Probate was registered as Katherine.

I believe some local records offices have National Probate Calendars but I've not looked that way.

Jackie
        Jackie

Comment

Thanks again Jackie, it's certainly something worth looking into.

Comment

Working...
          X