Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone researching the name Skinner ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone researching the name Skinner ?

Skinner appears to have been used as a middle name for one of my elusive ancestors. Cannot trace the name within his family.

One of my ggg aunts married a Skinner, it was in Lincs, any use to you?
    Lynn

Comment

If you click on Home at the top of this page, you can enter the surname in the search box to get a list of people on this site who have a Skinner in their tree.

Comment

I've got a Thomas Skinner in North Derbyshire who may be a direct ancestor, but is connected to the family anyway

Any use?
        Barbara

Comment

I have Skinners in Sussex and another lot in Kent to research

Comment

Thanks to everone who replied and apologies for the delay. As yet I do not know whether any of the replies will help but will note them all and make contact if it looks as though they may be of use.

Comment

I also have cousins who are Skinners from Kent

Comment

I have Skinners in Brighton.

Would be glad to meet anyone else with Skinner family there. We may be able to help each other

Comment

Have not had time to do any research recently but did discover (since original posting) that a marriage is recorded between a male Skinner and a female Dickinson. Both lived fairly near to the Holborn/Strand area which ties in with the man whose middle name was Skinner and I suspect he may have been the father of my ancestor with this as a middle name. Will eventually get round to trying to trace him and Dickinson wife. If they moved away Kent seems a likely area, so who knows ?

Comment

My great grandmother was a Skinner, they originally came from the Toddington area of Bedfordshire although she ended up living in London (Waterloo/Lambeth).
                    :D Carolyn

Comment

Carolyn, that's interesting. The marriage was in October 1814 at St Martin in the Fields, not that far from the Lambeth area, and would, presumably, have been her parish even if not his. May come back to you at some time in the future.

Comment

Forgot to give their names which migh help - Robert Skinner and Catherine Dickinson

Comment

Hi Kim I have John George Skinner born abt 1809 in Kent and married to Sarah jane Smith born abt 1813 in Halstread in Kent . They married on 12 oct 1834 in Halstead Kent and migrated to Australia on the 'Orleana' in1840 with their first 2 children John Skinner born 5 jan 1837 in Orpington and Sarah Elizabeth Skinner born 1839. Any info on them would be very helpful. I have lots on the Australian side.
                          Terri Brown Brisbane

Comment

Skinners from kent

Hi My Skinner line was from Chelsfield and Halstead in Kent . My 3rd g grandparents John Skinner born 1809 in Chelsfield and his wife Sarah Jane Smith born abt 1816 in Chelsfield migrated to South Australia in 1840 on the 'Orleana' with their 2 children John and Sarah Elizabeth.
                            If this sounds like your Skinners please contact me. I have a very extensive tree on ancestry.com

Terri brown
                            Australia

Comment

Just noticed this slipping down the page

Hi Terri

If you click on the posters username it should give you the option to send them a private message and hope their e mail address is still current so they receive it.

Edna

Comment

Working...
                              X