Line spacing in word doc - advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line spacing in word doc - advice needed

Wondered if anyone could advise me on this frustrating prob as I type up my family tree:

I go into the line spacing icon to change to one and a half line spacing. Sometimes it does just the line I have my cursor on. Other times, it alters the whole paragraph or lines before.

Is there is magic right click I can do to override this or make it do what I want?

Thanks. Liz
    Liz

Liz -

Find the edit icon at the top - click on it. You should see some options : left click on "Select all" - all your text will be highlighted.

Then go to your line spacing and click on the correct one - everything should now be formatted with this line spacing.

Hope it works!
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Just off to try...I usually just want one and a half line spacing from one individual line to another...Liz
      Liz

Comment

Great! Many thanks Elizabeth. I just highlighted the line above where I wanted the space and went into my line space icon with one and a half on...thanks. Bye the way, how do I type one and a half in figures (lol)...Liz
        Liz

Comment

Liz, If you want to change the line spacing for just one section of your text, highlight that portion of text by left clicking with your mouse and dragging down so you highlight the text for which you want to change the line spacing. Then go into your line spacing function and just click on the value you want.

It occurred to me that you might want to just change the line spacing for one paragraph, for example.
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:
          England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
          Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Oops, our posts crossed!

If you ever want to type common fractions, etc, go into the "Insert" icon at the top and select "Symbol".

You can scroll down and find all sorts of things - I have to use this facility a lot for my work.
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:

Comment

Just off to explore that one, Elizabeth...many thanks. Liz
              Update: Mine doesn't have 1/2 on it. 1/3 and 1/8 etc. Is there a control key for it or if you type as I have: 1 then / then 2, does it automatically make it a half?

Bet you are sorry you answered this query! Liz

Update 2: Answered my own query - just tried it and yes it does do it auto....Liz
              Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 19-02-08, 08:26.
              Liz

Comment

Working...
              X