Transferring emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring emails

OH has a new laptop and has transferred hif files from the desk top using his memory stick. But that does not seem to work to transfer his emails, Short of forwarding them all and opening them on the new computer, is there a way they can be transferred? I will have the same problem in a week or so when mu new computer arrives.
    Christine
    Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so.
    Mary Jean Iron

It depends which e-mail program you're using, but you'll probably have to export them from your e-mail program on the desktop and import them into the program on the laptop.

Comment

Hi.
      There are programs which will backup your emails and allow you to transport them to another computer. What email package is he using on his desktop PC (Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc) and what email package is he using on his laptop?

Cheers
      Paul

Comment

Thanks for the replies,

It is Outlook express on both computers.
        Christine
        Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so.
        Mary Jean Iron

Comment

There should be a command like File - Export in Outlook Express which allows you to export the messages to a file. Then on the laptop, select File - Import and import the file you've created.

Comment

Working...
          X