IGI Extracted Entries Warning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGI Extracted Entries Warning.

This might be something everyone but me knew...however..

Still on the Kirkby family There is an extracted entry for a baptism for
    Ann Kirkby 1778 Thwaite, Coniston...daughter of David Kirkby and Agnes Adinson.

Now I knew my David had a daughter Ann, because I've got her will. This one fitted with the other children in everything but the mother. My lot had Agatha Sawrey as their mother.

However, after Lancs OPC checked for me.....there is a correction in the Bishops Transcripts.
    It says Ann Kirkby was the daughter of David Kirkby and Agatha Sawrey.

BUT......the best part was............it also has Agnes Addison was the mother of David Kirkby and not his wife. It then goes on to say Agnes Addison was the wife of William Kirkby not David Kirkby.

How's that????? Three generations.

Thank you again, Lancs OPC.

What a great result Libby! You must have been delighted.

Hope some of "my" counties soon get OPCs!
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Hmmmmm........

I often notice differences between the parish records and the BTs. I tend to go with the pr entry, as this is what was written at the time.

BTs were compiled by the parish clerk at the end of the year and therefore, in my opinion, are secondary sources, not primary sources.

OC

Comment

What's an OPC,and have we all got one?

Comment

Karen - OPC is Online Parish Clerk. Some, but not all, counties have one. They are volunteers.

If you google OPCs or Online Parish Clerks you will get a better idea of what they do.
          Gillian

Comment

You beat me to it Sarah! lol
            Gillian

Comment

Thanks both.

They sound jolly useful, if not so easy to track down....

Comment

Cornwall
                Cumberland & Westmorland (seems to be currently unavailable)
                Dorset
                Hampshire
                Lancashire
                Somerset
                Sussex
                Warwickshire
                Wiltshire

According to Genuki, these are the areas that have them.

Has anybody used them, and what for?

Comment

Sorry OC........it was the Parish Register that was correct, and the Bishops Transcript had been corrected, because it was wrong.

I've used the Cornwall one before and found them really great. I only just found Lancashire OPC, well I had seen them but my area is now Cumbria and their Family History group has the area, but little info. Lancs has all the info.
                  Bit of a problem with changed boundaries.
                  Now if only Bristol had one.......or better still, Essex. I could do my lot instead of OH's.

Comment

Not forgetting that Stoke Damerel OPC (Devonport) is Hugh Wallis!

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                    X