No announcement yet.

Online index to the Captains Register of Lloyd's of London - Guildhall Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online index to the Captains Register of Lloyd's of London - Guildhall Library

Guildhall Library Manuscripts Section - Lloyd's Captains Registers: Introductory Note

(Please note they say not to copy the info from it onto other websites or reproduce in any form without their permission!)
    Ooh, I've found my great-grandfather on it, and a couple of his uncles... and I bet there are a few other of my rellies on there. Now to find out how to get a copy of the actual file other than by visiting the Guildhall Library myself...
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Don't know if it applies to this list Kate...but a few months ago I bought an Sun Insurance document relating to my 4xgt.grandfather from the Guildhall Library. It was very cheap. If I remember correctly, you can't order online - you have to download a form from their web site but they posted it to me in the same week I ordered. I also liked the fact that I had to make out a cheque to the Chamberlain of London - very impressive title I think!

Ann
    ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
    Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Thanks, KR

It looks promising... Though I've found only a possible for OH's tree, and none for mine.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Oh rats. No M's yet in the index.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

How can they have done teh Qs and not the Rs!!!!!

I'll have to keep checking back
          Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Not an S in sight!

Comment

I've had copies of some of those Sun Insurance policies too, Ann, but I don't know if it will be the same for these as each Sun Insurance policy is just one document but each of the Captains Register index entries can lead to several different documents, by the look of it.
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
              X