1861 image problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1861 image problem.

I am still following up the many leads that were found for me by the Generation Game ladies, but have found a problem. I am looking for John Fleming c 1824 Lambeth. I was very kindly provided with the numbers, RG9 38231 21. When I looked at the details, all the names are listed twice for some reason, but when I go to view the image, the names are not there the names on the image seem totally unrelated to those listed as being on the page. Can anyone help me find the correct image?
    Lynn

It seems as if the image for page 21 is missing ... still looking
    there's page 20 and then page 22

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Have you tried on findmypast, Lynn?
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks Rachel, that would explain it.
        No Kate, I don't have any credits for that site.
        Lynn

Comment

I'm looking through the census images on Ancestry and they really are in a muddle

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn The Forest Fan View Post
            Thanks Rachel, that would explain it.
            No Kate, I don't have any credits for that site.
            You could do a free search on there to find out if they have the entries indexed, and then buy some credits if they do? It would be extremely unlikely that they would have missed scanning in exactly the same pages as ancestry, wouldn't it?
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

FMP does have the page indexed. They probably have the image, but we've had some system changes at home, and now I can't view because the DJVU plug-in hasn't been set up yet.

RG09/382 fo 31 p 21

John F FLEMING is described as a lighterman.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I do now have the image, but am having problems actually downloading it, so I haven't actually seen it. But John was a lighterman, so it is the right one. Many thanks all
                Lynn

Comment

Working...
                X