Need a quick answer please Wireless Router question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a quick answer please Wireless Router question

As I dont get a very good signal with the Laptop which is indoors and the Wireless Router which is in the Garage, is it possible for me to buy another Wireless Router to plug into my Phone point indoors and this Laptop .
    And leave the PC on that Router in the Garage.
    Would it work.
    Going out today so want to buy one if it will work
    Thanks

Val

You can only have one router on one phone line. If you tried to use a second one then neither would work.

If you get another one, then you would have to disconnect the one in the garage while you used the new one.

Can't you just move it out of the garage?

You can get a wireless adaptor to make the PC wireless and place the router somewhere more central to the two computers. That's if you have a phone socket in another place.

Comment

thanks Margaret I have PC in the Garage as my Office so do need that out there.
      I do have a spare Phone Socket in the House and thought I could use that, but obviouly not .
      Thing is the Garage is not attached to the House so where would I move the Router to ???

Comment

Val

Are the PC and the laptop ever used at the same time?

If not you could have a second router but you would have to remember to unplug one from the phone line when you wanted to connect the other one.

Comment

hi again they are sometimes but dont have to be thanks thats a good idea.
          Will I have to buy the same Router or would anyone do ????

Comment

Val

I don't know about that. You could ask advise in the shop perhaps?

Comment

thanks again Margaret you have been very helpful

Comment

Working...
              X