Where do I go from here please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I go from here please?

I think I may have lucked out here and need a suggestion as to how to actually see this information in full-- or is it even possible?
    Who do I contact to ask?

Now this really gets my blood racing and heart pounding as I have many Pearce families connected to my Gadd family, through my Henry Gadd marriage to Mercy Sexton.

Below is what I found while 'trawling" around the West Sussex Past site.

West Sussex Record Office: Archives Catalogue
    [ |< First ] [ < Prev ] 27 of 80 [ Next > ] [ Last >| ]

Catalogue Reference MP 2363

Title Report, including family tree, on the history of the Gadd family of West Sussex and Hampshire, 1590-1866

Date January 1985

Description By Major J.A.Pearce of Westergate

Thanks for your help.
    Forever will be "digging" for ancestors -

The new Gadd Family Tree--there are 6 highlighted family lines now! We are growing!!

http://gaddfamily.tribalpages.com
    no password required.

It looks like it's part of West Sussex County Council so I'd just email them and ask.

I always get good results for these sort of things by being polite and making out i think they'll know more than me LOL.

Good Luck. Looks like a find.

Comment

thanks Harrys mum-- I will do just that--
      and have no fear-- I am sure they DO know more than I do-- LOL-;)

The new Gadd Family Tree--there are 6 highlighted family lines now! We are growing!!

no password required.

Comment

I have sent my query about these files in Sussex and have one reply-- actually, it was a confirmation that they rec'd it and have forwarded it on to the appropriate office. So----------the waiting game begins-- I am just a "little" excited-- will keep you posted-- have a great day!!

Originally posted by Harrys mum View Post
        It looks like it's part of West Sussex County Council so I'd just email them and ask.

I always get good results for these sort of things by being polite and making out i think they'll know more than me LOL.

Good Luck. Looks like a find.

no password required.

Comment

update--just wanted to share with everyone--

I have just rec'd an answer from West Sussex Records Office.

Fantastic news!!!!!!!

there are a total of 35 pages in 2 reports regarding the Gadd family of West Sussex!
          There will be a cost involved for these pages ,plus postage, but at this time I am more than willing to pay.
          I am having a "happy dance" day!

no password required.

Comment

Ooo, Pat! That's exciting! How lovely, to find something like that!

I'd dance with you, but you're a bit too far away!

Bee.
            Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
            COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

Thats great news for you Pat. Dont know whether they are related but there is a steel rolling company called George Gadd in the Dudley Borough. Its been there many years
              Pam

Comment

Working...
              X