FTM baptisms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM baptisms

Hi is there anyway i can get a list of baptisms please without having to go through each person.

Jen x
    Jen

If you record the details as a fact under the baptism heading then you can create a report

Custom Report>Facts to include>Baptism (and select source, date etc as required).

I listed certs as sources to bmd facts and can pull up a list of all certs held straight away, it makes it easy to see what is still outstanding.

The same for burial locations, census images held etc. It makes it easier to see what i need to input and what i have already done.

Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 17-02-08, 18:13.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Step 1

Use the edit button on the individual to add a fact (birth, death, baptism etc)

Step 2

Add the relevant fact using the add fact button, select what you need from the dropdown menu of available facts, i also add the source by using the source button and record birth certificate for example

See next post for how to create the report
      Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 20-08-08, 19:54.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Create the report

Select the custom report from the reports menu

Click the items to include tab and select the item(s) you want to put in the report

The steps above gave me the following report

Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 30-03-08, 20:03.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Thankyou very much Glen. Nicely illustrated as well so i can see what you are doing lol.
          Jen

Comment

Blimey Glen, I reckon you are wasted driving that truck

Comment

Oh thanks Glen, I had been going to ask how to do this, as I think Elaine mentioned it the other day & I forgot to write it down. :o
              Lynn

Comment

Ooo! Glen! This is brilliant!

Now, if you'd just like to pop over to the 'reference guides and 'how to..' section, and do something similarly well-illustrated for my query on splitting files and gedcoms .....!

Go on, pleeeeease - as Heather said, you're wasted on your 'day job'!

Bee
                Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
                COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

I didn't know you could do that! Brilliant - just what I needed.

Thanks Glen.

Ann
                  ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
                  Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

You can do the same thing for any type(s) of facts by using the custom report. FTM supports 256 different facts!!!

The only drawback is if you haven't got the details recorded as facts then you have to input them under the relevant fact BUT................ it does mean that all your facts are recorded in the correct place and transfer correctly tagged (titled or labelled if you prefer) via GEDCOM.

It also makes recording facts and sources neater within FTM and makes viewing what you have or haven't got far easier.

An example could be the census images held, just record the year(s) as a census fact for the individual as eg 1841, 1851, 1861, 1881 would quickly show that the 1871 image was missing but the remainder have been found.

One word of caution though, don't list too many types of fact in one report, if you do the listing will not fit the width of one page and the report doesn't print or read properly when carried onto a second page.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

just tagging this so I can find it again. Great info on here Glen.
                      Rose

Comment

Just adding this for Meg to illustrate how i add the census years

Adding the ancestry census details into the notes section

By entering the year(s) you hold images as a fact.........

It's easy to list the images held in a custom report

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Glen can I ask you something ??? are they screenshots of your Tree??? if so you have lots in your Scrapbook, do you find your tree takes ages to back up to the internet ??? as mine can take up to 2 hours or more sometimes so was thinking of deleteing them all, and just having them on Tribalpages. which is a shame really .

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                            Glen can I ask you something ??? are they screenshots of your Tree??? if so you have lots in your Scrapbook, do you find your tree takes ages to back up to the internet ??? as mine can take up to 2 hours or more sometimes so was thinking of deleteing them all, and just having them on Tribalpages. which is a shame really .

Yes it is my tree and FTM used, I use 2005 so don't have the internet backup.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                              Val: I back up my FTM2006 to the internet and it takes seconds to do a file of 2.79MBs....but I don't have any images on mine.

Ann
                              Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

thanks Glen
                                Ann mine takes forever thats why I am starting to take the photos off , but its a shame really if it has the facilty for them.

Comment

Besides internet back-up, I also back my tree files up on two memory sticks (belt and braces in case something goes wrong with one) which I find is a quick and easy method.I have all my photos on them too but it still doesn't take very long to do. Internet back up is fine I think but supposing you can't get online or the site is down at the crucial moment when you need to restore? I like the idea of having a back up medium that's completely under my control and doesn't need an internet connection to work. I have never been able to get on with burning CDs so the memory stick is the perfect answer for me.

Ann
                                  Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Working...
                                  X