Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiltshire - help needed

Hi all

I am helping a friend with there tree, but not getting the results we hoped for and not know the area is making it difficult.

Jack Norman Bricknell b 02 May 1923 - Salisbury, Wiltshire 5a 292
    Died - Mar 2000

Now i have found his parents but having problems confirming anything, using the usual records.

The mothers surname i have found is Priddice, her other names vary and change - Sylvia Beatrice, Victoria M. It seem Beatrice is her given name from what i can make out.
    The fathers name is Nathaniel Henry Bricknell b 1870. Not having any joy with him.

If you have any access to any records could you please help me find them. I am searching ancestry and other databases. I will check back in a while. Thank you in advance.

How do you know the year of birth of the father Nathaniel.
    Have you found either of the parents on 1901 census?
    Elaine

Comment

1881 - Source Information:
      Dwelling 7 Upper Canal Walk Census PlaceSouthampton All Sts, Hampshire, England Family History Library Film 1341297 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 1213 / 111 Page Number 8

Comment

? Nathaniel Bricknell in 1881, born c1871 Southampton.
        RG11; Piece: 1213; Folio: 111; Page: 8; Line:

A rather unusual name so presumed this would be his marriage

Marriages Jun 1893
        Bricknell Nathaniel
        Southampton volume 2c page 75
        Spouse: either Grace Andrews or Louisa Prince

May be Priddice was a second marriage?
        Elaine

Comment

Elaine never thought of that, see it really does help for someone else to double check.

Comment

"Priddice" looks like a name which might get rendered as "Priddis" sometimes, so it's worth looking out for that, too!

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks for that Christine.

Comment

So Beatrice is this one?

Beatrice Victoria M PRIDDICE
                b 1889 Q4
                Chard 5c-389

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I know it's Nathaniel you're after, but I thought I'd add the bits I found, in case they're useful - either as extra or as reinforcement stuff.

RG12/1892 fo 4 p 2 has that Beatrice and family in 1891 - transcribed as Preddice (with a no-follow-up correction)
                  The same family appears to be here in 1901:
                  RG13/2292 fo 27 p 14

Christine

Comment

Hi

yes i am grateful for the little bits, just to confirm that what i have worked out tallies up.

Comment

If you are trying to work back on Nathaniel's line then there is a Public Member tree on Ancestry going back to the early 1800's.
                      Elaine

Comment

Elaine

I will have a look for that, I didnt notice it, i think i have been in a bit of a whirl wind lately and overlooking the obvious.

Comment

Hi, My names Colin and had to let you know that nathanial and sylvia Bricknell were my nan and grandad. If you need any information please let me know, be glad to help.
                          Originally posted by Dead Rellies View Post
                          Hi all

I am helping a friend with there tree, but not getting the results we hoped for and not know the area is making it difficult.

Jack Norman Bricknell b 02 May 1923 - Salisbury, Wiltshire 5a 292
                          Died - Mar 2000

Now i have found his parents but having problems confirming anything, using the usual records.

The mothers surname i have found is Priddice, her other names vary and change - Sylvia Beatrice, Victoria M. It seem Beatrice is her given name from what i can make out.
                          The fathers name is Nathaniel Henry Bricknell b 1870. Not having any joy with him.

If you have any access to any records could you please help me find them. I am searching ancestry and other databases. I will check back in a while. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Welcome to FTF, Colin.

Looking at Dead Rellies' name, it's in grey, so I had a look at the profile; it shows that the last activity was almost a year ago. It might be worth you sending a PM (by clicking on the name, and choosing the Personal Message option); if the settings are correct, that would trigger an email to the external e-address.

Christine

Comment

Thanks Christine, have now sent e-mail. Colin

Comment

Good Luck!

Christine

Comment

Working...
                                X