message on Sydney DPS mailing-list re William Charles FORREST ELLIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• message on Sydney DPS mailing-list re William Charles FORREST ELLIS

I thought I'd copy it here in case it means anything (or is relevant to) to anyone on FTF:

Has anyone come across the above name [William Charles FORREST ELLIS] in their family history? I am helping
    a friend with their research and we are trying to find out the aboves
    parents and or grandparents to see where the FORREST ELLIS comes into it as
    it is in my friends family.

Many thanks in advance

Tracie King
    E-address removed on advice. I'd thought in terms of her having published her e-address on the mailing list - but that doesn't get picked up by Google.
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 17-02-08, 17:26.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Christine, are you sure that she will want her email address posted up on this board? Don't forget that it gets picked up by google.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I believe all Rootsweb messages, including the ones that go to the DPS list, are picked up by Google, but not all posters may know that.

Comment

When I put in her name and "Forrest Ellis", my FTF post came up but not her DPS one, so I thought I'd better opt for discretion.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks, Christine.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I've had a bright idea... I've replied to her DPS-Sydney message to ask whether she would like her e-address to be posted or not.

Christine

Comment

response from Tracie on DPS-Sydney

Thank you very much and it is ok to put my email address thanks again.

Very much appreciated.

Tracie <shaneking@ozemail.com.au>
              This was in reply to my message:
              Tracie

I've posted your message onto the Family Tree Forum (http://www.familytreeforum.com) "Research Advice" board as a thread, in case it means anything (or is relevant) to anyone there.

I had posted the message along with your e-address at first, but I have removed that since realising that the FTF message gets picked up by Google, but your DPS-Sydney message doesn't. If you'd like your e-address restored, let me know, and I'll put it back... or you could visit FTF and put it there yourself, if you like? It's a voluntary-subscription site; even though you don't have to pay to participate, you do have to register. Payments are welcomed in order to cover the running costs.

Comment

Working...
              X