Date and age please etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date and age please etc?

I have been sorting through a large bag of old photos, letters cards etc.
    If I knew the approx dates and ages of these three I might have a clue to who they might be. Any suggestions please?

Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Late 1920s/early 30s for the girls.

The men are more difficult but I would say a similar time 20s/30s.

OC

Comment

Thank you OC and Tom. I shall bear those dates in mind. I hadn't thought about her possibly being the same person Tom.

Comment

I thought she might be the same person too. the eyebrows and eye spacing are similar.

Mind you everyone says that about photos of me and my daughter! (no chance that I got the wrong baby LOL)

Anne

Comment

Thanks Anne. You have all got me thinking now. I may put up another picture tomorrow, when I can find it, to ask if you think it's the same person again.
          It would be great to solve the mystery.

Comment

Aw, I've just spotted her knicker legs, bless! This shorter dress style with a loose sash is post WW1.

Yes, could be the same person.

The cloche hat came in in the 1920s and went on into the 30s, vanishing in the 40s. The loose flapper dress style of her clothes makes it late 20s, I would think.

OC

Comment

You don't think it could be the same person as the older bridesmaid in this one do you? I haven't traced this wedding date yet but the older bridesmaid was born in early 1915.

Comment

1st one 1880,s 2nd one 1914 3rd one 1930,s brenda xxx

Comment

Thanks Brenda. So the second one and the chief bridesmaid years would fit but not the little girl.

Comment

There are 4 bridesmaids - which one do you want it to be? :D

I think the two on the right look as if they have longer noses than the two on the left. The two on the left look a bit more like the original photos but not that much really! The hats don't help!

Anne

Comment

Lol Anne, it's the chief bridesmaid standing next to the bride that I mean. Not the 4 smaller ones. Mmmmmmmm I wonder who they are lol :D

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                        Aw, I've just spotted her knicker legs, bless! This shorter dress style with a loose sash is post WW1.
                        OC
                        I also have one with knicker legs, but I'm pretty sure mine is pre WW1

see post # 89 (second to last page)

Last edited by Rachel Scand; 17-02-08, 16:22.
                        ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

The young lady in the 2nd pic looks like you Chrissie

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

It's funny you should say that Rachel. I suddenly started to wonder if it was my mum. Apart from VERY tiny photos of her as a child though I only have photos of when she was older, so I don't know if they would help much. I'll have a look for the youngest decent photo I have of her and see what you think. Back in a mo

Comment

I am ALMOST sure that this is mum when she was younger. She had 3 sisters though, so it's difficult to be sure.

Comment

Chrissie ...
                                I've reversed your last pic and cropped/enlarged pic 2
                                hope these come out about the same size ...
                                don't think it's the same person

Comment

Thanks very much Rachel. No, I don't think it is either. At least it spurred me on to look for the marriage ref of the wedding one. It was July-Sept 1930.

I have copied and saved that cropped one thank you. I shall take it to show to a relative and see what they make of her. It is much clearer now.

Comment

Now I would say they ARE the same person!

Same eyebrows, same nose, same pouty bottom lip, same marked cheekbones down the side of the nose.

OC

Comment

Lol OC - now I'm really confused :D
                                      How about this then - these are two photos that I know are mum. Does this help :D

A bit older

Older still

Comment

I would say all four photos are the same woman, with slight reservations about picture two out of the four, because the colouring is darker. (If you hadn't said there were sisters, I would say all four were the same woman).

However that could just be the way the second photo was taken - or masses of black hair dye and lots of mascara, lol!

OC

Comment

Working...
                                        X