mobile phone and PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mobile phone and PC

i have a virgin lobster mobile phone, and with the phone came a disc wth the software and driver on it, i have installed the software but can't install the the driver [it's a camera phone] but i did fineally get the driver last night and it started to download, then a box came up with a warning not to carry on as it did not have a microsoft digital signiture and may not be compatible with windows and could disable your PC immeadiatley or in the future [sorry, i can't remember the exact wording] but when i went into the help it said to ignore that warning and carry on!! now i don't know what to do? since then i can't get the driver installation to come up when i insert the disc!!!

anyone have any ideas?
    thanks,
    Chris.

It sounds as though it is partly downloaded onto your computer but not completed, so if you can find where it is and remove it then hopefully when you put the disk in it will start all over again.

But there might be an easier way before you try that - have you tried going via "My Computer", selecting the CD drive and then right-clicking or double-clicking to open the CD, see what files are on it, and try to find the installer among them and start it manually?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

thanks Kiterunner, i will try both of your suggestions.

Comment

well i got it all working last night, drivers were installed, pictures uploaded, came to put more pics on today and it's not working?
        looked in device manager and the drivers had dissapeared!!!
        what can have happened? they were there last night!!!

Comment

Chris, is that the one they are offering in Woolies for £19.99 including £5 air time?

Comment

yep, that's the one!
            tried uploading pics tonight and it worked, now i am trying again and it wont work!!!

Comment

Hi Chris.

Can i just ask.

Was the £5 credit already on the phone sim card. Or were you given a voucher?

The reason I ask is I bought an my220x on Virgin from Woolworths yesterday supposedly with £5 credit when you register the phone with Virgin.

However no £5, so email goes to Virgin and just had a reply it seems this must be a Woolworths offer not Virgin.

So it,s back to Woolworths I shall be tomorrow.
              Sue ;)

Comment

Sue, did they give you a receipt and a little folder offering insurance? The girl put my receipt in the folder and she printed another slip and said, this is the number you need to activate your £5 air time. When I put all my phone together I had to dial 789 and then enter a 16 digit number from the slip she gave me. Have a look, it looks just like a little receipt slip.

Comment

That's right what Heather says Sue, i got a till slip and had to dial 789 and put the 16 digit No. in.
                  Chris.

Comment

Chris and Heather.

Just to let you know I have been back to Woolworths and despite being told at point of sale that £5 airtime was included it of the my220x . It appears the £5 airtime is not included for the offer for the my220x. Seems it this on the display ticket in the small print
                    However they did give me a free £5 airtime voucher as a goodwill gesture.
                    Anyway its a great little phone.
                    Sue ;)

Comment

Working...
                    X