Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancestry problems - can't close it down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry problems - can't close it down.

Any experts out there today?

I've been having problems with shutting down the Ancestry connection for a while now, and it's getting on my nerves. It won't close by clicking the red X in the top r-hand corner as you usually do, so I've tried clicking on 'file', 'close tab' as someone on here suggested.

But that's not working either, and I have to shut the whole computer down via 'start' and 'switch off' - only there's a box that has to close down more slowly, labled something like ' problem with ccSvcHsc'.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Bee.

I'll check back in an hour or so.
    Last edited by Bee; 16-02-08, 09:01. Reason: Off to do some research etc.
    Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
    COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Have you tried CTRL-ALT-DEL and then when it shows you ancestry among the tasks that are running, click on END TASK for that one?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

The only match that Google can find for ccSvcHsc is this thread! But there are lots of matches for ccSvcHst - is that it? Looks like something to do with Norton / Symantec. If you google ccSvcHst then you will see some suggestions for how to fix it. Also if you google ccSvcHst ancestry there are some matches but I'm not sure whether those will help or not - worth having a look through in case, I should think.
      KiteRunner

Comment

Thanks for these ideas, Kiterunner, I'll give them a try tomorrow. I've had a long and confusing day of research (as well as a few chores!), so I'm a bit too 'brain-dead' at the moment.

Bee.
        Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
        COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

Nudge up for Liz.
          KiteRunner

Comment

Thanks - having exactly same prob. Liz
            Liz

Comment

Nudge up again for tivvyblue.
              KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
              X