X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was it had HORTINs in their tree?

Because, while I was in the Warwick RO, today, I spotted this record:

Parish of Ettington: Marriage Register

John HORTIN of the Parish, and Anne EDWARDS of the Parish of Alderminster were married by Licence 30* Oct 1770 (both signed)
    Witnesses: Ann (?) EDWARDS, Aivry (?) EDWARDS, Richard WILLIS (all signed)

*These transcribers - you just can't get the staff! :( (:o)
    What I actually have on my piece of paper, hastily written, is:
    M (Lic) 30 ct 1770
    so I don't know if it should be 3 Oct, and I put the O a bit soon, or it should be as I've written it. I've suggested 30 Oct, because I think that's more likely (knowing me!).

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

I'll nudge this because I'm convinced I was asked to look for some at Oxford RO the other week.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Just checked on the FTF gedcom database.
      Lozaras is the only one to have a HORTIN name - but only one.
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks, Elaine. I had meant to do that myself, but forgot!

I think there are variants of the name about, too. I'll go and have a look for myself, now!

Christine

Comment

Looks like I must have been daydreaming! There are a number of HORTONs in the list - but not in Oxon.

Ah, well! Perhaps someone who needs the info will find this thread before it drops off the back.

Christine

Comment

Working...
          X