• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prices for ancestors Homes

I found a very useful site, if you want to know how much
    a property has sold for, that's if it's still there

House Prices

It searches the UK Land Registry database of
    houses sold in England and Wales since 2000.

Clare

It's also good for seeing how much your new neighbours paid for their house! :D
    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

I was googling for an area in Essex recently and came across some property for sale for £1.2 million. Goodness only knows what my relatives would think of their cowbarn being sold for that sum of money - it was most definitely a cow barn in 1901! :D and they usually don't have foundations and when converted they are often not put in!
      Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

I just found a couple of properties in a very exclusive area that the developers bought cheaply. They demolish the houses, build new ones and sell them for a vast profit.

I deliver windows to quite a few of them and the most recent one had over 170 windows delivered for the finished property (worth over £80,000!!!). The original house that stood on the site went for "only" £1.9 million. The developer says the new property is already sold and the price is "just short of £4 million"
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
        My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
        My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

I've just looke up my street and found that my neighbours houses sold for £100,000 more that we paid for ours 25 years ago!!! Nice little profit if we ever decided to sell.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I found the following where my ancestors used to live in 1871 :-

30/03/2006 £1,750,000 Flat 37, Devonshire Place Mews, City Of Westminster, London, Greater London

I wonder how much my ancestors paid for the place

Clare

Comment

Working...
            X