Never give up hope!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never give up hope!

My Mum has been contacted this week by the son of her cousin. She had lost contact with this side of her family probably over 50 years ago, it turns out her cousin is still alive & doesn't live far from me.

How did this come about?

Her grandfather has a slightly unusual name, so I made sure that if anyone googled it, it would lead a trail to her. We put messages in GR, Curious Fox etc.
    Last week this chap googled the name....and followed the link through Curious Fox & got in touch.

So never give up, eventually someone in an idle moment will "google", and if you've left a trail, they'll find you.

PS. Don't forget that your Wiki home page, will "light up" when googled.
    ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

ML

Oh, what a result!

About a month ago I googled the place name of the house one of my ancestors lived in - quite an unusual name and I only got three hits.

One was a message on Rootsweb dated 1999. My email was returned, so I emailed one of the other contributors to the thread in desperation, asking if he knew how to get in touch with this lady.

He did, she replied to me and we share a set of 3 x GGPs. We are busily exchanging info - she couldn't find him backwards and I couldn't find him forwards, so now between us we have the families pinned down for 200 years!

As you say, never give up hope...and never give up googling, either!

OC

Comment

I quite agree...never give up hope.

I post messages where ever I can...and last month it paid off yet again.

The Gt grandaughter of my Irish Gran's brothers (Michael Charles Brady born 1889 Dublin)found one of my messages on Ancestry.com and contacted me.

She gave me some new names of Gran's siblings...now we are tring to find out if there are and descendants of them!

Some Brady's still live in Dublin..but the living Irish don't seem to be that interested in their family history. We just hope that my findings will awaken their curiosity!
      Last edited by kathsgirl.48; 15-02-08, 16:51. Reason: spelling
      teresa

Comment

I recently have had contact with a distant cousin, my gg-grandfather is the brother of his g-grandmother. He found me by googling a family name very soon after he got his first computer. I suspect he might think that all internet family history searching is going to be that easy! :D

It has been great, we have had a wonderful exchange of family photos and information. He has done a lot of work on his branch and did not know that my branch even existed, I suspect that gg-grandfather had somehow blotted his copybook before leaving for New Zealand as his name seems to have been missed on all surviving family documentation.
        Christine
        Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so.
        Mary Jean Iron

Comment

Yes, never give up hope and never give up.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
          X