Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The winner of WDWTYA? 14th February 2008 is......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The winner of WDWTYA? 14th February 2008 is......

Viv!!!!

Wel done, Viv

Oh my giddy aunt .... I'm gobsmacked!

This week I was contacted by a cousin who has broken down a few brick walls for me. I will be out at the Coventry meet tomorrow and will post something tomorrow night when I have sorted myself out.

*rushes off to consult brick walls still standing*

Viv
    ♥Viv in Herts♥

Researching Tucker in London/Australia. Cliff in U.S.A. Fuller, Eaton & Sa(u)nders in Bedfordshire. Turner, Morley, Blythe & Webb in Cambridgeshire/Suffolk. Want in Hertfordshire.

Comment

*adjusts pneumatic drill*

Comment

Congratulations Viv brilliant hope you get some things sorted ;;;

Can I just thank all that tried for me this last week as well ;;;;
        borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

I'm so sorry I didn't get back on last night but I ended up taking a friend to hospital and she was admitted. Today I have got dreadful sinus pain!

Right, here we go then.

My gt uncle Robert Alexander Tucker died in May 1924 in Kensington.
          In his will he left everything to LOUISA TUCKER (otherwise Lloyd).
          They lived together.

I found the marriage for John Thomas Lloyd and LOUISA KANE in June 1901.

Louisa (aged 36) was born in Barnsbury, London and was a widow on the 1901 census living 170 Northcote Rd Walthamstow with children Kate V Lane age 11 and John G Lane age 8.
          (they are mistranscribed as Lane)
          JT Lioyd was a visitor.

On the 1891 Louisa (aged 25) is living at 114 Vauxhall Walk Lambeth married to WILLIAM JAMES KANE form Ireland. He was a General Practitioner and was aged 49.
          Also listed were children Alice aged 7 and Kate V aged 1.

Problem:

When did WJ Kane and Louisa marry and where, what was Louisa's maiden name? When did WJ Kane die? Where was Alice in 1901 (she wasn't at home)?

Anyhelp you can give would be wonderful.

Viv
          xxx
          ♥Viv in Herts♥

Researching Tucker in London/Australia. Cliff in U.S.A. Fuller, Eaton & Sa(u)nders in Bedfordshire. Turner, Morley, Blythe & Webb in Cambridgeshire/Suffolk. Want in Hertfordshire.

Comment

This could be Alice's birth registration

Births Dec 1884
            Kane Alice Louisa
            Pancras volume 1b page 150

The birth certificate would give mother's maiden name and might help to trace marriage.
            Elaine

Comment

and this looks like Kate

Births Jun 1890
              KANE Kate Violet
              Lambeth volume 1d page 336

- so either would give you MMN
              Elaine

Comment

Did you know there is a tree on Ancestry for this family.
                It gives the father of Alice as William James or T J Kane (1842-1900) and mother as Louisa Ball.

Presume tree owner thinks it is this marriage
                Marriages Jun 1882
                BALL Louisa
                Kane Thomas James
                Islington 1b 664
                Think it might be worth your while getting in touch with tree owner - a bit of info there worth following up - or is it your tree! :o
                Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 16-02-08, 20:01.
                Elaine

Comment

Oh, yes, if his real name was Thomas James Kane rather than William James Kane then his death is Sep 1900 age 58 London C vol 1c p 7.
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks ladies, off to look.
                    ♥Viv in Herts♥

Comment

Well, I've been and looked at Ancestry and checked 1881 census and I think I have found a connection with Louisa and my gt uncle, they both lived in Offord Road, Barnsbury.

I am still wondering where daughter Alice is in 1901 (I am only a guest on Ancestry). I do know that she later married Sidney R. Hurt (Hackney 1881).
                      ♥Viv in Herts♥

Comment

Just to add, Sidney R Hurt was a lodger with Louisa Kane in 1901.
                        ♥Viv in Herts♥

Comment

Originally posted by Viv View Post

I am still wondering where daughter Alice is in 1901 (I am only a guest on Ancestry).
                          As a real long shot she could be

A K born c1885 London, patient, occupation general servant
                          London Diocese Penetentiary, 4a North Hill, Hornsey, Highgate.
                          RG13; Piece: 1244; Folio: 43; Page: 15.
                          Elaine

Comment

Oh er Elaine, a patient?
                            ♥Viv in Herts♥

Comment

Anything else we can help with Viv?
                              Elaine

Comment

Ermmm, yes Elaine.

My Great Uncle Henry Sutherland Tucker was born in London in 1866
                                to parents Robert Tucker and Ellen Wade. He was an accountant. I still haven't found a marriage or death for him.
                                Thank you.
                                ♥Viv in Herts♥

Comment

Just tracing him on the census

1871 with parents
                                  RG10; Piece: 264; Folio: 81; Page: 11

1881 with parents
                                  RG11; Piece: 236; Folio: 78; Page: 17

1891 - not sure yet!

1901 with parents .... aged 34 and single
                                  RG13; Piece: 223; Folio: 47; Page: 16.

Do you know if he actually married?
                                  The only way of finding a death may be a trawl through the BMD images, quarter by quarter, year by year. Have you done this yet? Could be an impossible task if his middle name hasn't been recorded.
                                  Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 18-02-08, 20:48.
                                  Elaine

Comment

I have no idea if he married or not. I have looked as far as 1924 but found zilch.
                                    Viv
                                    ♥Viv in Herts♥

Comment

I have several of my Tucker family that go awol and don't want to be found. Don't worry about him ..... he'll turn up someday when I'm not looking. I would like to say thank for your help with the Ball/Kane/Lloyd/Tucker mystery.

Chris H emailed me and said that Dr Kane went bankrupt and died in 1900. She found a write up in the Times.
                                      ♥Viv in Herts♥

Comment

Thank you all for your help, it has broken down at least one of my brick walls.

Good luck to whoever wins tomorrow.

Viv
                                        xxx
                                        ♥Viv in Herts♥

Comment

Working...
                                        X