FTM 2005 I have forgotten how to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2005 I have forgotten how to

Get rid of a spouseless marriage, where I have now got a marriage.

Can anyone remind me please?

Thankyou.

Don't quite understand what you are trying to do.

Do you mean you had a spouseless marriage in that you had female named person married to an unknown male - and you have now found the name of the male?
    Elaine

Comment

Something like that Elaine.

I think that it is because I am merging smaller trees into one big one ready to load up onto here and in some cases I have started with the female only, then on the other tree have the husband with her name so once the trees are merged she appears to have two marriages one of which is spouseless.

Comment

So in effect you have got one person recorded twice on the tree.
        You need to merge duplicate individuals.

Go to PEOPLE, select Merge all Duplicate Individuals.
        It will advise you to back up your tree before you start - make sure you do this just in case.
        It will then give you a report of what it thinks are duplicate individuals and offers you the opportunity of merging them.
        Elaine

Comment

Thankyou for your input Elaine she isn't duplicated neither are the children but all the children show on both marriages.

Comment

So the female is only there once - but her children are listed with her without a husband, and again with her and her husband - is that what you are saying.

Are the children duplicated? Check in the index of individuals.
            Elaine

Comment

Children are not duplicated either, just as you say above attached to both.

Comment

I hate dealing with duplicate relationships when I can't see the file in front of me!

Please make sure you have a back up of your file before you start fiddling.

Have a look at this and see if you think it is going to answer your query -
                Answer

Basically what you have to do is make sure children are attached to the right parents.
                Then find the spouseless relationship and detach the children from that relationship - and then detach the unknown spouse.

But please ... back up first. :(:(:(

*adds disclaimer*
                Elaine

Comment

That got it, thankyou very much Elaine.

Comment

Glad it worked.
                    Elaine

Comment

Working...
                    X