How Did This Happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Did This Happen?

I have just checked my email and I found this 'scam email'.

It is NOT addressed to me which is the mystery ~ any idea's how it arrived in my inbox please? I do not have a HOTMAIL address or anything similar.

TO: D<itxlxehbroph@hotmail.com>

Hello,
    maria.magicparade-(com)

It is a dating agency if you are all fed up with family history.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Have you tried right-clicking on it and choosing "Properties" then "Details" and "Message Source"? There should be more info in there about where it came from and how it got to you.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Kite Runner, Thank you I have just taken a look and it includes my name and ISP and has a spam score of 50 and from a Yahoo site. There appears to be masses of names and codes here.
      In four years this is the first spam message that I have received on this ISP. Fingers crossed I do not get more.
      Margaret N
      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Hi Margaret, that turned up in my Bulk folder as well, I deleted it as soon as. Like you that is the first spam I have had with Yahoo.
        Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Ooo, I lie! Just remembered there was that time, a few years ago, when lots of us got stuff connected to GR but nothing else.
          Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Can't understand it because I get loads of spam through BT Yahoo mail - at least 12 a day, sometimes more. What's your secret?
            Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

So do I Stella but I never open any
              Kathleen

Comment

Neither do I Kathleen, just delete the lot.
                Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

Working...
                X