Comment

go to this website
      IP Chicken - Whats my IP address? ip address lookup
      Elaine

Comment

Thank you Mark

My daughter wanted to know.

Comment

If you click on the tele with the red cross,on the task bar, it brings up the connection page, click on the INTERNET supplier and in the bottom left hand corner is your IP address and mask No.

Comment

Thank you for all of your replies

Comment

OK, here's a stupid question. Does your IP address change from time to time? I've just looked mine up on both the recommended sites. It's the same from both of them but it is different to a note I made a while back of my IP address. How is that?

Ann
              ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
              Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Your IP address will be different every time you connect to the internet. It is randomly assigned from a pool of addresses that are allocated to them.

The one James has mentioned stays the same if you are on a local network. (BroadbandRouter/wireless)
                Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
                  Your IP address will be different every time you connect to the internet. It is randomly assigned from a pool of addresses that are allocated to them.

The one James has mentioned stays the same if you are on a local network. (BroadbandRouter/wireless)
                  Thanks Wendy. I'm not on a local network and what you tell me has put my mind at rest.Shows how much I know about the workings of the internet doesn't it? :o

Ann
                  ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
                  Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

It's not so much connecting to the internet but turning your modem/router off that can cause it to grab a different IP.
                    I have had the same IP address for about five years. Until recently.
                    Depends on ISP as well.

Bob
                    I am never wrong. I once thought I was wrong but I was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X