I have a headache!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a headache!

My 5 x gt grandmother was called Honor Brewer.
    She married a Thomas Eplett.

Their daughter Honor Eplett was my gt x 4 grandmother. She married a William Brewer.

Their daughter Honor Brewer was my 3 x gt grandmother. She broke the pattern and married William Pope.
    They had two daughters, Honor Brewer Pope ( my 2 x gt grandmother) and Mary Ann Pope. Guess who Mary Ann married? Yes, a John Brewer.

The thing is, Mary Ann Pope Brewer was widowed by 1861:
    1861 RG9/1560 Folio: 89 Page: 16 she is a visitor with a set of Brewers and also visiting is Jane, b 1859. It doesn't say so, but I am guessing that Jane is Mary and John's daughter. Thing is, I can't tell whether the Brewers she is with are her in-laws or her mother's family. And there are too many Brewers all called John and Mary and Jane to disintangle.

Sympathy please!
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

You have my utmost sympathy. It's obviously deeply frustrating when only some fluke will help you through!

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thank you Christine. I feel much better now!

Comment

I thought I had problems!! You have my sympathy too.
        Dawn

Comment

do they all rotate round the same village too?
          Jess

Comment

Jess

They hang around the Cornish villages of St Eval, St Ervan, Little Petherick, St Merryn, etc.

Comment

According to the IGI, John married Jane Thomas May in 1812.
              He was born in 1789, son of William and Honour. Baptism: 31 MAY 1789 Little Petherick, Cornwall, England (only one from there!)

Both extracted

Do you have Mary's marriage cert?
              Last edited by Orangeblossom; 12-02-08, 22:38.
              Tracy

Comment

Oh dear, Nell, they sound nearly as bad as the Rimmers!
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

No, but Mary Ann Pope was born 1827 and I assume John was round about the same age. Trouble is that part of Cornwall is crawling with John Brewers.

A John Brewer was witness on Honor Brewer Pope's marriage cert and again I've no idea which relative he might have been.

Comment

Annoying when there's more than one possible!
                    At least they're not Smiths

I had a problem with two brothers having daughters around the same time. They were both named (unhelpfully) Mary Elizabeth. I had mine connected to the wrong brother, until luckily she was with her husband and father in 1901!
                    I'm just glad they were brothers so I hadn't wasted time on the wrong family lol
                    Tracy

Comment

Working...
                    X