Firefox shuts down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox shuts down

Whenever I try and view an ancestry image, firefox browser says it has encountered a problem and needs to close. This used to happen off and on. But now it's every time I view an image. How can I solve this as now annoying me!

Do you receive the same message if you use another browser i.e Internet
    Explorer ?

Clare

Comment

No I only get the message on firefox (which I prefer as IE is sooo slow .) And I only get the message on the ancestry site on the census images.... Must be too sensitive!

Comment

I use firefox on ancestry no problems why dont you email them ???

Comment

May be you need to adjust your settings on firefox - perhaps you have set security too high or something??

Comment

Heather, How do I change security settings and if it is too high why does it only shut ancestry images down???

Comment

Are you using the enhanced viewer, because that used to give me the same problem, and I use Firefox. The standard viewer is just as good.

I do not use the enhanced viewer, unless I am using IE.
              Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I use Firefox without any problem, with both the enhanced and basic viewer.

Check out the following link from Ancestry Help
                Answer
                Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine , I checked the firefox help and cookies are already allowed for ancestry, so its not that. Still. I see if there is a difference on ancestry.com and .co.uk , have added them both now.

Wendy, I have no idea whether I am using the enhanced or the basic viewer, how do I change it or tell which one??

Kim

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
                    I have no idea whether I am using the enhanced or the basic viewer, how do I change it or tell which one??
                    When you are viewing something like a census image you will see an Options button on the navigation bar on the image.
                    Select standard quality images and Basic Image viewer.
                    Elaine

Comment

Thank you Elaine, I am using the enhanced viewer so have changed it to the basic viewere, seems to work now ok .

Many thanks all for your help and suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                      X