Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gosfield Hall, Essex

Gosfield Hall Wedding Venue - an Historic Essex Mansion

This beautiful Historic place is where my husbands 2x greatgrandfather and namesake , Reverend Alexander Macdougall ,became employed as a Minister in 1860. Mr Samuel Courtauld was his employer. Rev Macdougall lived at this hall for a year before moving to an old public house , very nearby,that was renovated for him and his wife Fanny Duke.
    The Reverend was under the employ of Mr. Coutauld until he ceased his Ministry in 1896.

I am wondering if this beautiful place is still standing? Upon reading some information on the web I understand it was a rest home of sorts? and is now closed and not open to the public?

If there is someone here that lives nearby and could take a picture of this place ,I would be ever so grateful and will glady pay any cost incurred.

Just looking at some of the pictures of the celebrations inside and seeing those wonderful rooms and knowing that our Alexander Macdougall walked those same floors and slept there, gives me goose bumps.

With thanks,
    patbee
    Forever will be "digging" for ancestors -

The new Gadd Family Tree--there are 6 highlighted family lines now! We are growing!!

http://gaddfamily.tribalpages.com
    no password required.

looks magnificent
    Jess

Comment

Working...
    X