Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get a copy of this will or administration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get a copy of this will or administration?

Thomas Wheddon is listed in the Parish and Probate section on Ancestry - it has an entry for him dated 1724 in "Dorset Wills and Administrations in the possession of the Dorset field Club and preserved in the County Museum at Dorchester". Seems to be listed as an administration.

He is also listed in the Somerset Calendar of Wills and Administration in the Court of the Archdeacon of Taunton - Part 1 Wills in Registers.

So, I can't quite work out whether it's a will or an admon, but can anybody tell me how I can get a copy of it - if there is one? It's not listed on the Somerset Estate Duty wills index - presumably too early for that one. Do you think there is still a copy at the "County Museum at Dorchester"?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

I would email - Somerset Archive & Record Service

Comment

Thanks, Pat, but I don't think Somerset Archives have a copy of it because most of their wills were destroyed - it's this County Museum at Dorchester copy that I'm wondering about. Would that be Dorset?
      KiteRunner

Comment

Dorset County Museum is in Dorchester
        plan your visit
        Elaine

Comment

Ooh, thanks for that, Elaine. I didn't really have time to look for stuff like that last night, for some reason! Off to look at it now...
          KiteRunner

Comment

I've emailed them.
            KiteRunner

Comment

Fingers crossed for you.

Comment

Working...
              X