Reply from findmypast.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply from findmypast.

I contacted the site to ask if they knew of any plans to ask if bmd registrations may eventually be available to download on the site now that Scotland online have purchased the site.

I did this before OC pointed out to me that it won't happen due to English Laws.

I am a member of the site although I don't pay a subscription because I don't use it often enough. I have checked the odd thing out for other people (pay per view)

I didn't get a reply until just now (5 days later) but here it is....

Dear Sharon,

Thank you for your email.

As a subscriber your service with findmypast.com will be unaffected by the acquisition – same customer service, same quality records, same price. However, there will be an acceleration of improved features and new records to the site, with the majority of 1901 and 1851 census being completed this year, and a complete re-launch of our Family Tree Explorer, with a host of new features. We are also looking at the options for putting Scottish data on the site, though this is closely regulated by the General Register Office for Scotland, and the legislation is different for Scotland from that of England and Wales.

Our new owners, Scotland Online, have also been awarded the contract to digitize the 1911 census for England and Wales by The National Archives. This will appear initially on a separate pay per view site, but Findmypast will be the first website to offer subscription access to the records, alongside our other census records.

To ensure that you keep up to date with any changes we may make to the website please make sure that you are registered to receive our newsletters by signing in to your account and selecting the ‘update my profile’ option.

Didn't really answer my question .... lol
    Last edited by BigShaz McCreadie; 08-02-08, 14:39. Reason: spelling errors
    With Experience comes Realisation

Looks like a "one size fits all" reply, Shaz.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
      Looks like a "one size fits all" reply, Shaz.
      Thats what I thought too....lol

I did also email Scotland's People suggesting that an announcement on their homepage may help to avoid some of the confusion that has arisen as a result of Scotland online digitalising 1911 census and buying findmypast.

I received a reply within half an hour
      As this reply was rather more personal I will not put it on here but it seems that the team have had their fair share of enquiries and agree that the situation needs to be made clear and with my permission my email was being passed on to senior management hopefully they will put an announcement up.
      With Experience comes Realisation

Comment

Working...
      X