FamilySearch beta - Cheshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FamilySearch beta - Cheshire

I hope this hasn't been put up before. The new beta version of familysearch now has some Cheshire baptisms, marriages and burials.

There are also some new American records. It looks as though new additions have a red asterisk next to them so its worth checking back every so often to see what's been added.

The link is

FamilySearch Record Search

Jackie
    Jackie

Can't get that link to work Jackie.

Ignore that - just took ages to load!
    Elaine

Comment

Oooo, Thanks for letting us know, Just off for a look
      Vikki -
      Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

I was just about to post a similar thing saying that there are now records for Durham and Northumberland on there, which seem to be images of either BT's or PR's. mostly BT's and iclude some for Cumberland and York too

FamilySearch Record Search
        Last edited by Barbara Dodds; 08-02-08, 11:10.
        Barbara

Comment

Oooh, thankyou! Just off for a squint.

OC

Comment

I've just registered,just waiting for my confirmation email now....yippee !

Comment

My confirmation e-mail never arrived, but it lets you search anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                Mary i couldn't search until i'd recieved my email.
                I don't like the "fading" screen,what do you think ?:(

WOW !! I'll take back what i said.I'll put up with a fading-effect screen.This site is brilliant ! I've just downloaded 2 copies of baptisms in the parish register in Southwick,Durham.
                EXCELLENT :-))
                Last edited by Astro Lady; 08-02-08, 11:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                  I'm sure I tried to register with this site a week or two ago - but don't think my confirmation came either! Have just tried again.

Can't see where to do a search - am I being thick here? (don't answer that!)
                  Elaine

Comment

I don't think you can do a general search. You have to click on the set of records you want to look at and then search

Jackie
                    Jackie

Comment

Its OK - am in now. Couldn't get past the original registration page - although I haven't had my confirmation email it now seems to recognise my email address.
                      Elaine

Comment

thanks night owl....most of my ancestors are from cheshire...just signed up....156 pages for Ralph Oakes....looks like lots of work ahead..lol...regards...allan
                        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
                        oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
                        adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
                        merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
                        coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Thank You...

Just registered and received e mail..off to search..

]

Comment

Thanks, I had a look and found loads of Tushingham Records (mainly BT) but still great :D
                            Vikki -
                            Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

I've signed up - but did you read the terms and conditions?

They claim absolute freedom over anything you submit - so you'll need to be careful about that. Similarly with any personal info you supply - they seem to claim indemnity against the transfer of info into any jurisdictions where privacy/data protection are less robust then your own country's!

Christine
                              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Christine

I don't think the T and C's have changed at all, although I don't remember them being prominent on the LDS site.

Their religious ethos makes it mandatory that they share ALL information and make it freely available to anyone who wants it. Which makes it plain that they consider it "their" information, to do what they like with (sorry, clumsy sentence ending in a preposition, sorry Mr Gilbey if you are watching down on me!).

This is why I have not submitted my tree information to the LDS, nor to Ancestry, and really wish I hadn't to GR!

OC

Comment

The T&Cs probably haven't changed - but it's all too easy to plough on through registration without noticing just what you're giving in return for the service you hope to receive.

I haven't submitted trees to Ancestry or LDS - and don't intend to. My tree on GR is distinctly not up-to-date, but has enough info on it to attract a few enquiries now and then - which is fine. I'm all for sharing info to further research, but prefer to do so voluntarily, rather than by default or unwittingly!

Christine
                                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thank you

....well that is me busy for the rest of the night, it is very slow to open images but I have found new info for several families and I am sooooo grateful!!
                                    ;) Helen x

Comment

:(I just don't seem able to register. Nothing happens when I push the register button.
                                      Elizabeth
                                      Research Interests:
                                      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                                      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Well, I am impressed. I registered this morning & although I haven't found the one record that I was looking for, bp of hubby's great grandmother, I have found that of his great grandmother & her brother & his daughter. I will be looking again, soon. I just get confused as to what is Cheshire, I forgot that Birkenhead is, but am unsure as to whether Widnes is or not.
                                        Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                        X