Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The winner of WDWTYA? 7th February 2008 is......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The winner of WDWTYA? 7th February 2008 is......

borobabs!!!!

Good luck!!!

Well Done Borobabs, :D

Hope you find what you are looking for......

Jacky xx
    Jacky

Comment

Well done Babs hope your walls take a bashing.
      Kate xx

Comment

Wow great stuff folks but still same two brick walls if you bare with me till ancestry opens as its on go slow for me will post up the census details I have etc ;;
        borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

George Baker born ab 1852
          on 1881 living with future wifes family
          Source Citation: Class: RG11; Piece: 4861; Folio: 23; Page: 42; Line: ; GSU roll: 1342170.

1891 with wife and family
          Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 4018; Folio 27; Page 47; GSU roll: 6099128

On Marriage cert his father is down as John Baker General Labourer
          And on Ellen Bakers death cert says shes the widow of George Wiallam Baker , she died 21st May 1916 so he obviosly died before her, ;;;;

havnt got his death or Birth ;; he would have died in Middlesbrough but its his birth I am realy after,;;;

Last time I won someone found what looked like good find for his birth so I got cert this wasnt the person as the birth was in Usk Pontypool at place called Trostrey, but when I followed this man on the welsh census he was still there in 1881/1891 with his wife etc ????
          Last edited by borobabs; 07-02-08, 20:43.

Comment

Brick wall 2 is William Taylor b ab 1859 have him on the following census ;
            1891 with his Wife Mary Ann nee Pickering

Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 4017; Folio 140; Page 39; GSU roll: 6099127

Source Citation: Class: RG13; Piece: 4587; Folio: 58; Page: 9.

Comment

Oh nooooooo, not George Baker????

*cancels winning thread*

*goes for a lie down in a darkened room*

babs, could you tell us the GRO ref for the birth cert that isn't him, please?

Comment

Omg right away to look for it 1854 June qt

11 A page 164
                Last edited by borobabs; 07-02-08, 20:49.

Comment

Well done Babs.xxxx
                  SBPF Wendy passed away in April 2019.

Comment

The William Taylor one I was convinced he came from the Yorkshire moors are but me and a couple friends have hunted all through the Pickering Danby discricts looking for him I have also been in touch with Guisborough reg office to ask them if any William Bakers in 5 yrs time span with father William and they said No so pass were he did come from ;;

Comment

Ellen is shown as a widow in 1901

RG13; Piece: 4586; Folio: 135; Page: 36.

so George's death should be before that.

He was in the 1891, and daur Elizabeth is 9 in 1901.

Comment

Thanks Carol yes I know that and have looked on tees online registers and there is few of them so not rely worried about his death more his birth ;;

Comment

Hmmm, I'm coming up with a very half-baked idea about George Baker, which is that the only Baker I can see in Pontypool, Monmouthshire on the 1851 census is an unmarried Jane Baker age 22, female servant (head waitress) born Brecon, Brecon. I wonder whether perhaps George was her illegitimate son, and made up a father on his marriage certificate? If you were making up a father you would call him John and say he was a labourer, wouldn't you? Needless to say, I can't find Jane in 1861 to see if she has a son George. Probably she got married between 1851 and 1861.
                          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Right Kite Howie from Gwent was helping me with this last year and he can up with these ;;
                            Source Citation: Class: RG9; Piece: 3974; Folio: 56; Page: 11; GSU roll: 543216.

then 1871 living with Grandfather ????
                            Source Citation: Class: RG10; Piece: 5293; Folio: 9; Page: 11; GSU roll: 848428

So what do you think of this Idea ???

Comment

I had found this on 1871 which matches with the 1861 ref

Class: RG10; Piece: 2572; Folio: 74; Page: 20; GSU roll: 835270.
                              Elaine

Researching - Weatherall, Spenceley, Readman, Conquer

Comment

Oh Elaine thats looking good as long as he's not with them in 1881

Comment

Babs, the George Baker on that 1861 Wales reference you gave is age 2 and born Caerwent. Yes, his father is called John, but Caerwent is not very near Pontypool and his age is way out, so I don't think it is very likely to be him, sorry. And in 1871 the family are in Gloucestershire but in 1881 your George is in Yorkshire. I think I've found the Caerwent George in 1891 in Bedminster, Somerset, although his age is given as 28 instead of 32:
                                  RG12; Piece: 1950; Folio 116; Page 41.
                                  Last edited by KiteRunner; 08-02-08, 07:36.
                                  KiteRunner

Comment

Looking at the 1871 reference you had, Babs, that one is also only 12 in 1871 and born Chepstow which is even further away from Pontypool, so I don't think it is likely to be him either.
                                    KiteRunner

Comment

Oh dam (sorry ) but its like clutching at any straws isnt it ;;its like these 2 G.Grandfathers just dont want to be found ;;;but I need them I want to get my tree printed by Ron to show my hard work so far ;;;sob
                                      Howie was saying them places would have went under Monmouthshire and near Pontpool but I dont know anything about Wales so !!!!!

Comment

Well, yes, they were in Monmouthshire, but not very near to Pontypool. Put it this way, Pontypool wouldn't be the nearest big town to them.
                                        KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
                                        X