roberts and jones from welshpool both b 1827

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roberts and jones from welshpool both b 1827

hi...its my mums older sisters birthday next week..she will be 85..and i`d like to take her a copy of her family tree ...i`ve researched back to 16 and 1700`s with almost all my ancestors..but i`m stuck with these 2... ROBERTS and JONES...bad names to research
    richard roberts b 1827 married sarah jones b 1827,both Welshpool....i`m led to believe sarahs father was humphrey jones,but no proof of this....i`d like to find robert and sarahs parents..hopefully this will take me back to the 1700`s with this branch of my tree
    for the record,richard and sarah had 4 children.all roberts born in welshpool,.alice 1853/richard 1858/Matthew 1861 and humphrey 1866.........matthew was my g grandfather...any help/tips info,will be greatly appreciated....regards...allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Allan,

the 1861 welsh census shows that Richard was a mason and a chelsea pensioner, are there not any records of his career online?

Also states that Sarah was born in Shrewsbury... and yet her father Humphrey was born in welshpool? perhaps find him on other census?

1861 wales ref Class: RG9; Piece: 4258; Folio: 50; Page: 61
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

1841 for ref: Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece 1442; Book: 7; Civil Parish: Pool; County: Montgomeryshire; Enumeration District: 13; Folio: 39; Page: 22;

Humphrey with poss wife Susan

and the 1851 ref: : Class: HO107; Piece: 2498; Folio: 737; Page: 28;

Humphrey looks to be a widow on this one.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

1851 shrewsbury - there is a Humphrey Jones ( wife ann)

no sarah though
        Jess

Comment

HO107; Piece: 2498; Folio: 737; Page: 28
          Elaine

Comment

Allan, with names like Jones and Roberts, the best way to be sure is to get the certificates and work back from then - for instance, the marriage certificate of Richard Roberts and Sarah Jones. Otherwise, it is so easy to pick the wrong family and end up with a load of people who don't really belong in your tree!
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

thankyou all..i`m a little puzzled about sarahs mum/humphrey`s wife...thats if humphrey is sarahs dad!!!...ann or susan??...i`ll have to get matthew(my g grandfather) birth cert..and then his mum and dads marriage cert(richard roberts/sarah jones.....regards..allan:D
              Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
              oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
              adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
              merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
              coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Working...
              X