why 2 addresses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why 2 addresses?

I found the baptisms of 2 of my Titchmarsh relations, they are the children of Mynot and Elizabeth Titchmarsh

14 Jan 1838
    Thirza d of Mynot & Elizabeth Abode - Fore Street - Occ - Gardener
    14 Jan 1838
    Mynot d of Mynot & Elizabeth Abode - Church Street - Occ - Labourer -born 13 Dec 1837

Now these 2 baptised on the same day, but 2 different addresses and 2 different occupations???

Any idea why?
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

When was Thirza born?

I wonder was whoever recorded it being a pedant and stating the actual place of birth rather than the residence at the time of the baptism.

Other than that I don't know. If it was a common name I'd suggest two couples but there may not be that many Mynot Titchmarshs around.
    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

I see that he is a gardener in 1841.

And there is 4 years between the births.
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

from the 1841 census Thirza was born in 1834. but this family are a confusing bunch

James Atkins Titchmarsh b. 16 Mar 1826 bap. 25 Apr 1826 Abode Winchmore hill - Labourer
        Mary Titchmarsh bap. 06 Jul 1828 Abode Fore Street - Labourer
        Henry Edward Titchmarsh b. 1828 (+/-1) bap.none found
        Ann Titchmarsh b.03 Jun 1830 bap.29 Aug 1830 Abode North Row - Servant
        Thirza Titchmarsh b.1834 (census) bap.14 Jan 1838 Abode Fore Street - Gardener
        John Titchmarsh b.1836 (+/-1) bap. none found
        Mynot Titchmarsh b.13 Dec 1837 bap.14 Jan 1838 Abode Church Street - Labourer
        Elizabeth Titchmarsh b.1840 (census) bap.12 Jan 1840 Abode Church Street - gardener

Oh and it is deffinatly the only couple, All Mynot Titchmarsh's are related and accounted for
        Vikki -
        Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Working...
        X