Body Removed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Removed?

I have a few questions since my visit to the RO yesterday, Can anyone help with this one please?

I was looking at the Death, Discharge or Removal Register for Colney Hatch Asylum and for my ancestor who died there in 1878 in the final observation column it says "Body Removed"

Would that mean he was buried else where? or something else?
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

I have seen burial records from about this period where there has been a mention that the death took place in the workhouse a few miles distant and the body had been brought back to be buried in the home parish. Not quite the answer to your question I know.
    CAROLE : "A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK"

Comment

Taffy that would make sence as there is also mention in his admission records which parish or union patient came from
      Vikki -

Comment

I had a rellie die in a workhouse and it says that on his workhouse records, when I questioned it they said he would have been returned to his parish for burial

Comment

Thanks Val - I can check those records next time then
          Vikki -

Comment

So comes full circle with Val's response.
            CAROLE : "A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK"

Comment

I have an ancester, whose burial record said that he died at Brigg workhouse, so I imagine he must have been returned to his home parish of Barton for burial
              Lynn

Comment

Working...
              X