Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help! printer! aaaaaarrrrghhhhhhhhh

I am incandescent with rage.

What is the matter with my printer???!!!!

Epson Stylus c86 with compatible cartidges.

All cartridges have got plenty of ink. Black was only renewed yesterday.

I have been printing this morning. Now it wont print at all. Wanted to clean the heads and that is when it said the ink was out.

have switched off and switched on
    have rebooted pooter
    have uninstalled and reinstalled
    have even tried system restore to yesterday but it wont do that because 'no changes have been made'

is it true that they are programmed to only print so many docs? I have printed reams of stuff over the last couple of weeks.

arrrggghhhhhhhhhh

please help me someone

*sobs and gibbers*
    Rose

Don't think printers are programmed to only print so many pages.

Have you tried their support page.

Epson Stylus C86, Overview - Technical Support - Epson America, Inc.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Just had a word with Dave and he says that Epson printers can be fussy about compatible cartridges. Their own make of cartridge is chipped so they are only used once.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

thanks wendy have just looked at the link. at the end it tells me to contact epson in usa or canada (methinks not lol).

Re the compatbiles, I always use them once the orignals with the machine run out.

I am so mad I can't even type properly grrrrrrrrrr
        Rose

Comment

Rosi here is the addy for GB site , help pages ;;

Epson - Printer and Imaging Products Support
          borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Thanks Babs. The problem is that once I say that the cartrdiges are not the recommended epson ones the message says 'instal correct cartridges'

have just had a word with locla puter shop. he says it may be the (what term did he use??) errm, the 'waste tank'. cna;t remeber what he called it but that's the gist. anyway, he says he may be able to reset it because it thinks the tank is full. I'm taking it round tot he shop on way home.
            Rose

Comment

Where did you buy the ink? I get my Epson compatible from Choice Stationery.co.uk and they claim to mend your printer if you think the compatible ink has damaged it.

They have been an excellent firm to deal with - I've never had to take them up on it but I don't doubt their intention is good.

Anne

Comment

Hi ann, got it from the usual place where I have been getting it from for nearly 4 years lol.

I am now home and calm! Dropped the printer off at the shop on the way home and will see what they say tomorrow.

*I am an island of calmmmmmm*
                Rose

Comment

Working...
                X