Firefox browser.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox browser.

I have both internet explorer and firefox installed. I don't appear to be able to use firefox on my sites with existing passwords. Do the passwords apply to the site or the browsers please?
    Rita

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/.../User:Nappycat

Any website that requires a password will need the same password with any browser.

I use both IE and Firefox and have no problems with any websites on either browser.
    Tracy

Comment

I use Firefox and IE and have no problems with passwords on any sites.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks for that Tracy and Wendy, I cannot get onto Genes or to Orange using my passwords, I will try again later.
        Last edited by nappycat; 05-02-08, 10:22. Reason: ommitted Wendy!
        Rita

Comment

Do you have pop ups blocked?

Every time you use a password on Firefox it pops up a little box asking if you want it to remember the password for future use.

I wonder, if you've blocked pop ups, that it may be causing a problem with this function
          Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Zoe i don't think blocking pop-ups has anythiong to do with your saved passwords,although i may be wrong.

Nappycat if you go into Firefox on the top menu bar go to TOOLS>OPTIONS then click on the SECURITY tab.
            Where it says Passwords click on the box "SHOW PASSWORDS".
            A list will reveal your usernames for each site and if you click on the "SHOW PASSWORDS" box again it will show you all your passwords.
            You might have some duplicate ones so you'll have the chance to delete the ones which are causing conflict.
            Good luck.

Comment

I found the same problem when I first started using Firefox I dont know why its sorted now.

Comment

Right - thank you Astro Lady and Val, I have done as you say, and still cannot get on, although with genes it now says my e-mail address hasn't been reconised. I went on to genes via explorer copied my e-mail address and pasted it on ' firefox -genes' and still it will not reconise it.

JUST TRIED FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME AND FINALLY I HAVE GOT IN. Thank you for all the help.
                Last edited by nappycat; 05-02-08, 16:20. Reason: UPDATE
                Rita

Comment

I was just going to say have you exported all your favourites and stuff to firefox?

Comment

Blow me astro, didnt know you could do that!!! Bit dodgey if someone else uses your puter, isnt it? Mind you I just had a go and hee hee, I can see my sons passwords to his dubious sites - hmmmmmm.....................

Comment

Originally posted by nappycat View Post
                      Right - thank you Astro Lady and Val, I have done as you say, and still cannot get on, although with genes it now says my e-mail address hasn't been reconised. I went on to genes via explorer copied my e-mail address and pasted it on ' firefox -genes' and still it will not reconise it.

JUST TRIED FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME AND FINALLY I HAVE GOT IN. Thank you for all the help.

Rita,
                      So glad you got it sorted,whatever you did :D

Heather,
                      Unless your son had a "Master Password" (which he obviously didn't ! Lol ! ) anyone who uses the computer can see anyone elses usernames and passwords for each website.

Comment

Just read this thread with interest as I've been wondering about using Firefox. Currently have IE7 and if I understand correctly I can download Firefox as well.
                        Does having both IE7 & Firefox have a slowing effect ? and how do you change between the two?.
                        Kate

Comment

you will have an icon for Firefox and another for IE7 ,you just click on the icon for the one you want to use at the time, it does not slow you down having both either.

Comment

Kate, as Val says you have both on the puter and you can swop by just clicking on the icon. Its very handy. I got my sister to download fox at the weekend as her puter was slow and she says its much quicker using firefox as her browser now.

Comment

Val and Heather,
                              Thanks for your input . Will download Firefox later today.

Comment

Working...
                              X