Google Books Help PLEASE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Books Help PLEASE!!!

Following on from my last thread, can anyone tell me how I can get the this link to show me the whole story. Agatha Sawrey is OH's 5 x great grandmother.

The Hidden Wordsworth - Google Book Search

Thanks.

I don't think you can. Some books have searchable content but you can't see the pages.

SOme books you can only view every other page.

It's too encourage you to go and buy the book.

Your local library may be able to order it - it's not that old
    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Thanks Zoe.............I'll try the library. That site really tempts you though, just puts enough info in the results page to hook you, then when you open it, there's nothing.LOL

Comment

I think Google Books is genius marketing ploy

I've bought about 20 books after finding the briefest of references to relatives in them.
        Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Amazon have several for sale through their market place, some at about £3.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Haven't used Amazon before, Wendy.

Wonder what they are like for delivering to Australia??? I'll look into it.

Thanks.

Comment

There's a link to click on which tells you which libraries and booksellers have the books. Abe Books is good for old and out of print books.

Comment

I have ordered several books from Amazon Uk and had them shipped to Australia. It has always been cheaper than Buying them and posting them myself.

Helen
                Helen in Glos

Comment

Sometimes you strike lucky, I was interested in the following page (W A Gray - Dawpool)
                  the farmer's magazine july 1874 - Google Book Search
                  So I emailed the library of Congress and a lovely chap sent me copies of this and 3 other related references through the post in less than a week free of charge!!
                  So as always- you never know unless you are really cheeky...lol.
                  ;) Helen x

Comment

Thanks everyone..................

Helen...I've tried the email idea as well and mostly had good results.

I checked Amazon and the book is AU$20 cheaper from USA than from around the corner, and that includes shipping!!!

Of course,I have to have it now, with two pages about the family.

Comment

Working...
                    X