independant religion !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• independant religion !!

looking on family search and found a rellie born 1826, it gives the dates then says Independant, what sort of religion is this then, have googled but it comes up with Independent muslims, don't think Alice was one of those !!! thanks

They'd be Protestants, probably Baptists or Methodists. Not C of E, anyway.

Comment

Maybe?

Fellowship of Independent Methodist Churches
      Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

thanks for the reply Mary and Pippa, will go and see what it say's x

Comment

Alternatively it was a completely independant church, there was one near where I used to live which was a Free Evangelical, these churches are all independant.
          Mavis
          Dust is a noun, never a verb;)

Comment

Does the OU do a Comparative Religion course?
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I think you will find they are Non-conformists, that would include Brethren as well as the other denominations mentioned, I've got quite a few of those as well.
              Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

thanks for all the input, will have to get thinking hat on, x

Comment

I know I added a few days ago thet I had a few non-conformists in my lot, I got a marriage cert yesterday where it states they were married according to the rites of Prostestant dissenters.

I think that sounds very impressive, I could be one of those at heart!
                  Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

Jan

If you go back to the entry you found on the IGI and click sources and keep on clicking backwards, it should eventually tell you what the source is and hopefully the name of the church.

Failing that, go to Hugh Wallis site and see if the batch number is listed on there - it will tell you the name of the church and you should be then able to google it.

OC

Comment

OOOoo many thanks OC will try that, now got to remember which rellie !!! (comes of hopping all over the place ) lol
                      pieces of paper flying every where in haste to find it.

Comment

Working...
                      X