A little strange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little strange

I was looking on Ancestry for the death of an Annie Mycock on the BMD index 1837 - 1983.
    31 possibles came up and when i looked , most of them were either small children or young ladies.. the odd one in her 40,s and the eldest i could find in early 50's.
    (The lady i am looking for was in her 80's by the way and no sign of her at all..)
    It just seems odd that the majority of this name died so young.

chances are that those that lived to adulthood would have married and have a different name

Although I suppose there should be an equal number of Annies that married Mr Mycocks
    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Yes Zoe, exactly .

Comment

Have you tried searching using a wildcard for Ann* rather than Annie

There are a few older Ann(e) Mycocks on freeBMD
        Elaine

Comment

Not sure that is right Tom (though I'm no statistician!) as Mr Mycock could have married any available woman of any name ....
          Let's re-arrange the deck-chairs

Comment

It seems like the sort of name that may be changed...
            Let's re-arrange the deck-chairs

Comment

now now.. carefull... thats my maiden name..

oh and yes.. i did change my name

Comment

Have you also tried Mycocks, with the S on the end, don't forget also it all depends on who was registering the death as to how it was spelt
                Vikki -
                Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

And Mycox?

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

You say 1837 - 1983 but if it's the transcribed records you were looking at then that's mainly only up to about 1920 and the ages were not added until 1866, so that reduces the frame to 1866-1920. The you have to consider the time frame when the name Annie, as opposed to Ann, was the most popular......maybe ladies born Annie tended to have died after 1920 if they lived to over 50??

Comment

could be Merry, i am looking aat around the 1970's for this lady ( born 1896). she was christened as annie and married as the same.. was just wondering whether she could have been buried as Anne though.

Comment

Working...
                      X