1871/freeebmd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1871/freeebmd

Just been told that you can do a search using just the forename on freebmd so thought I would have another bash at my Butler family.
    So did a search for just a Maria born woolwich during the timespan I have.
    So I now have 2 possibles
    Maria REED b1870 Mar quarter Woolwich
    Maria WEBB b 1869 Mar quarter Woolwich
    I found a marriage between a William Butler and either a Kate Reed or Betsy Webb June quater 1870
    As my Maria BUTLER is not on 1871 census or registered at birth
    I am wondering if either Maria REED or Maria WEBB could therefore be my Maria BUTLER
    So if somebody could check out these 2 Maria's for me on the 1871 census it may or may not show something......

Hi Gloryer. I have found Maria Reed ...parents: John & Maria.. and have the image if you want it. Just PM me with your email addy.

Maria Webb....the nearest is shown as born Bermondsey...parents Thomas & Margaret....can send that image, too if you want.

Blessings

Comment

Oh, just seen there is a Maria E Webb, b. St George Southwark as well....parents William & Eliza.

Comment

Thank you Lynn. Looks like I am barking up the wrong tree there then. Was thinking maybe they were with a different family, i.e grandparents or a miracle and be with a Butler family.

Comment

Did your Maria Butler have any children?
          If so the best thing to do would be to get one of the children's birth certificates which would show Maria's maiden name.
          Elaine

Comment

Do you know if Charles Butler aged 14 b Woolwich listed three above Maria in 1881 is her brother? He doesn't seem to be registered either! lol

It wasn't compulsory though (until 1875)

Comment

Oh having said that, Woolwich didn't get it's own district until July 1868, so if Charles was 14 then there are a couple of possible registrations in Greenwich in Q1 1868, making him 13, but there are quite a few Charles Butlers around the place, and maybe you don't know if they are related in any case.......

Comment

There is an extracted baptism for a maria Butler on IGI

Born 14 Jan 1790

Christened 14 Feb 1790

Parents William Butler and Elizabeth.
                Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

yes Charles is Maria's brother as on their entry registration they are both given as each others nearest living rellie which makes me wonder if their mother died. I have seen that there are some Charles Butler born around the correct time. Trouble is at least one of them who has a father William as they are on the 1871 census but they are not mine!!!
                  I am after a Charles and Maria Butler with a possible father William

Butler is her maiden name. She married a William Pearson and gave her fathers name as William Butler no mention of him being deceased and just a labourer as usual so no clues there.
                  I was thinking maybe she was registered under another surname and the mother married a William Butler after her birth.

Comment

Working...
                  X