1841 bottles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1841 bottles

Just been informed that my 3rd great grandfathers sister married a Benjamin Bottle. Could somebody please check her details for me on 1841. She would be Ann Bottle c 1776 Sutton Valence Kent
    Thank you

Sorry I cant find her. Only found Mary Bottle living in Sutton Valence.

Maybe she had died before the census.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

that would be their daughter c 1802
      Thank you for looking

Comment

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece 459; Book: 20; Civil Parish: Lenham; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 6; Folio: 30; Page: 9; Line: 20;
        there is an Ann Bottle c 1776 born Kent living Lenham, kentbut she is living with a Thomas Bottle aged 60The only Benjamins are 1) c1826 and 2) c1836
        No Ann Battle either nor Bettle

Have you booked your holidays yet ?
        Why not come to Norfolk we have some great churches for you to photograph

Shake my family tree and watch the nuts fall.

Looking for Druce-Berkshire. Auvache , James, Hughes - London. Turp - Essex. Dipple, - Herefordshire.

Regional Co ordinator Eastern Region

Comment

Yes, I found that one:
          HO107; Piece 459; Book: 20
          and wondered.

Lenham isn't a huge distance from Sutton Valence - tho' that also means it could easily be someone else in the family, of the same age/name.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

There is an Ann Butler marrying a Benjamin Bottle on the IGI in Harrietsham, Kent in 1785.
            With Experience comes Realisation

Comment

Just found the Lenham one in 1851. Her PoB is given as Edenbridge which is well to the far side of Tonbridge.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Also, on IGI, are 6 children born in Ham, Kent to a Benjamin and Ann Bottle.

Between 1785 and 1799 (or rather it gives their dates of baptism)

Comment

Sutton Valence was in Hollingbourn registration district (until 1941 when it became part of Maidstone reg district).

No deaths for Ann in that district 1837-57, but there are these Benjamin Bottle deaths:

Benjamin Bottle 1839 Apr-May-Jun Hollingbourne Kent
                  Benjamin Bottle 1841 Jan-Feb-Mar Hollingbourne Kent
                  Benjamin Bottle 1844 Apr-May-Jun Hollingbourne Kent
                  Benjamin Bottle 1853 Apr-May-Jun Hollingbourne Kent
                  Last edited by Little Nell; 03-02-08, 16:11.
                  ~ with love from Little Nell~
                  Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Oh and for non-Kentish speakers, Harrietsham mentioned in post above is pronounced "Arsham"!

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
                      Oh and for non-Kentish speakers, Harrietsham mentioned in post above is pronounced "Arsham"!
                      Is there some relationship between Kent and Norfolk?

Christine

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
                        :D Thanks for that Nell, its less of a mouthfull than Harrietsham.

Gloryer I just googled and found this....

John Bottle's Genealogy Site

These Bottles came from Scotland to Kent and there is a Benjamin mentioned, although an earlier one, could possibly be the same line.

Update; Ann Butler is mentioned on the above site too and apparently died in August 1808
                        Last edited by BigShaz McCreadie; 03-02-08, 16:32. Reason: more info

Comment

The Harrietsham Bottles seemed to be quite a well known family.
                          They are mentioned online a lot and lived in Dial House.

There is also information in ther National Archives about the family, business papers and school books and papers relating to building work

Comment

Christine

Yes - I have relatives from both!!!

Comment

Aaaaaarrrr! :D

C

Comment

Is Aaaaarrrr in Norfolk or Kent? I thought it was in Somerset, lol!

Comment

I had to put some text in first to make the Big Grin work. That was the nearest I could think of to a Norfolk expression of "I understand, now!".

Christine

Comment

Aaarrr.

Comment

Now I know you lot are all addicted..lol;)

Thanks all for the info. I looked at the link for John Bottles page and there is a lot of useful info on there so hope to pass that on to my contact. I did read in Benjamins will that he left something to his niece MAry Bates. The Mary Bates I have is his sister in law so looks like another one.

I have just been given access to the tree on gr but the trojan horse is preventing me from taking a peep.

Comment

Working...
                                      X